Can't do without a tank!

reaper78

Read in the net not to use carbon dosing with dsb but so far so good. Worm activities can be seen nw and pods of different spieces (?) crawling all over. So far most cyno at dsb has cleared dramatically. The pair of sexy shrimp did help to eat the cyno (To my suprise).

Cheato doesn't seem to do well in my sump frm day 1. Seems to disintegrate n drift away all the time. Tried getting frm reefer and various LFS but no good results. Hence given up on cheato n tried reef nutrition red algae n grape and again, disintegrating too. Perhaps some leakage of nutrients frm this plants ...

Using 250ml of Rowas n change mthly. Half a cup of carbon in a bag and change mthly since using carbon dosing nw.

Salinity : 1.022

No3: unknown

Kh: 8.4

Ca: 380

Mg: 1320

Po4: unknown

Not measuring no3 and po4, shall leave it to my eyes for observation.. Hehe... Room for improvement as far as salinity and Ca are concerned.

post-15684-0-29567100-1366238975_thumb.j

post-15684-0-84669400-1366239015_thumb.j

post-15684-0-75101300-1366239154_thumb.j

post-15684-0-12644200-1366239192_thumb.j

Tank Size: 3 x 3 x 2 with 3.5ft cabinet

Nice corals u have. Btw what's that on the last pic of ur sump?

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Hi Sunnymau: More pics to come for sure!

Hi admiratian: Oh that is a frag plug which was detached frm one of the frags so I just dump in there! Btwn the monti cap is starting to color up, digi not yet!

Hi weeseng: One of the few tough ones that survive the itch! Probably is happy and RED with excitement to feed on the pods. I do feed the dsb with pallets, any reason why no sexy shrimp in there?

Hi Sunnymau: More pics to come for sure! Hi admiratian: Oh that is a frag plug which was detached frm one of the frags so I just dump in there! Btwn the monti cap is starting to color up, digi not yet! Hi weeseng: One of the few tough ones that survive the itch! Probably is happy and RED with excitement to feed on the pods. I do feed the dsb with pallets, any reason why no sexy shrimp in there?
Ok, I see. My monti getting paler. Good to hear that urs is coloring up.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Hi Sunnymau: More pics to come for sure!

Hi admiratian: Oh that is a frag plug which was detached frm one of the frags so I just dump in there! Btwn the monti cap is starting to color up, digi not yet!

Hi weeseng: One of the few tough ones that survive the itch! Probably is happy and RED with excitement to feed on the pods. I do feed the dsb with pallets, any reason why no sexy shrimp in there?

Bro,your hawk don't eat the shrimps?

• SRC Member

Weeseng: tried to but the clapping shrimp is at the mini carpet. If u r taking abt the sexy shrimp, well is in the sump.

Icic,want to keep flame hawk too,thought your sexy shrimps are in the main tank. Cos small shrimps the hawk will eat right? Like the way the sexy shake here shake there.

how's.yr hand.picked fish doing?

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

how's.yr hand.picked fish doing?

Hi Bro,

Oh yah.....the 'flashing' fellow...went thru "great lengths" in obtaining it.....Doing good....hopefully it doesnt get a pinch stomach after some time. Hope to snap a pic of it when is not so shy...haha....

What about yours?

Flashers all being murdered. Haha. Red scooter are fine.

Hi Bro, Oh yah.....the 'flashing' fellow...went thru "great lengths" in obtaining it.....Doing good....hopefully it doesnt get a pinch stomach after some time. Hope to snap a pic of it when is not so shy...haha.... What about yours?

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• 3 weeks later...

Mandarin bought abt a mth ago frm Irwana Cebu shipment (cherry-picked)

Nice! Is it pellet trained?

Btw how is ur sps doing? Owe u a frag, mine grow quit fast, but green base faded a little, while tips get more purplish blue. U can collect a frag from me any time ya. As promise, free for u. I also have a frag of salmon digi, can come collect too if u want!

Nice! Is it pellet trained? Btw how is ur sps doing? Owe u a frag, mine grow quit fast, but green base faded a little, while tips get more purplish blue. U can collect a frag from me any time ya. As promise, free for u. I also have a frag of salmon digi, can come collect too if u want!
Hi bro! Not feeding on pallet yet. Some of the "blue/purplish" Sps stn since I change Rowas. Perhaps sudden reduction of po4. Think water condition not so pristine yet. Thank you for the frags..but I have to wait for my Sps to grow before the exchange ... Otherwise can I offered u some cans of 100 plus in exchange? Haha

Hi bro! Not feeding on pallet yet. Some of the "blue/purplish" Sps stn since I change Rowas. Perhaps sudden reduction of po4. Think water condition not so pristine yet. Thank you for the frags..but I have to wait for my Sps to grow before the exchange ... Otherwise can I offered u some cans of 100 plus in exchange? Haha

haha, I prefer sprite instead.. no worry bro, drop by if u want :thumbsup: hope ur tank will become stable soon!

haha, I prefer sprite instead.. no worry bro, drop by if u want :thumbsup: hope ur tank will become stable soon!
Yah I think still haf itch.. Tried to add new fishes but Mia again... Think I better stop adding fishes .. Will ctc u again bro! Thanks in advance