The start of the no end route

patricklhc

How additive this hobby can be.. My very first marine tank started cycling on 31july.. A small little 2ft by 1ft by 1ft tank

post-21665-135375557116_thumb.jpg

In a short span of about 3months... I now have a 3ft by 3ft by 2.75ft(height) sitting in my house waiting for commissioning. Thanks to a good friend (also a member in SRC. He wants to remain low profile so I won't mention his name) for giving me this tank and cabinet and also the equipments that u are letting go to me at great price.

Won't be doing anything to this tank till I gather all equipments. Which I will slowly list them one by one as I get them in my procession :) going to take me months to own them all due to

tight budget :P

Base cabinet

post-21665-13537557993433_thumb.jpg

Sump 4x2x2

post-21665-13537558288396_thumb.jpg

Main tank

post-21665-13537558811781_thumb.jpg

Job completed!

post-21665-13537559239599_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

wah 2.75 height, u'l be crying and cursing when trying to reaching for the things on the bottom so please plan ur rockscape carefully , but tremendous nice shape tank

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

Thanks bro. It's impossible to reach the bottom with. Cry and swear also no use. Really have to like plan the rockscape carefully. Maybe epoxy the rocks and whatever outside until happy then put them in.

My mother was laughing at me when she saw me sitting inside the tank cleaning it

• SRC Member

2.75 is hell to reach the bottom bed... mine is 2.5ft + a few inch of hood, i always hurt my ribs everytime i need to pick up my fallen zoa..

• Like 1

Teh'sTankSetup Decomm on 18/8/2012

Tank: 2x1x1 Rimless Tank (Sumpless)

Lighting: Aquazonic 2x24watts T5 (Actinic x Sun White)

Moonlight: Acardia 1W Led Light (Blue)

Filter: ISTA Max Care Cannister

Skimmer: Bubble Magus E3

Chiller: Resun CL450 (Aquazonic Evo Pump)

Wave: Boyu WM-25

Commissioned 20/9/2012

Tank: 3x2x2.5

Lighting: 250w DeLighting MH/ 2x 39w Delighting Diy T5 ATI Blue Plus

Skimmer: H&S Skimmer Type 110-F2000

Chiller: CL450 (Aquazonic Evo Pump)

Return Pump: Eheim 1260

Reactor: D&D H2Ocean FMR 75 (ADA 1500 Pump)(Rowaphos)

Wavemaker: 2x SunSun Wavemaker (3000L)

Incoming:

Conch ll Basic

ATO System/Tunze Osmolator

Magic Marine 3CH Dosing Pump

Maybe u can go for deep sand bed.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

wah even better size, either u go for super deep sand bed which eventually might give u problems if u dun maintain it, or go for barebottom, that way if ur corals drop at least they wont be covered in sand, curse and swear no use because u haven started yet, lol

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

wah even better size, either u go for super deep sand bed which eventually might give u problems if u dun maintain it, or go for barebottom, that way if ur corals drop at least they wont be covered in sand, curse and swear no use because u haven started yet, lol

I intent to have a 1" sandbed but no way I will go DBS. Don't have enough knowledge and i can't afford to risk a tank crash. I will be using a calcium reactor 2 FR and a sulfur reactor to support this system. Along with my shifu to guide me behind the scene haha.

• SRC Member

Lighting & scaping and how you position your corals will be crucial for deep tank.

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

Lighting & scaping and how you position your corals will be crucial for deep tank.

Bro lighting I intend to use 2 set of T5 2tube each to "sandwich" 2 radion in between. scaping no concrete idea of what I want yet. Maybe a small island, 2-3towers with "bridge" etc still don't know yet. Welcome any suggestion hehe

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The worst that happen to me... Not once but twice. Tank leak! 2ft running tank has very mild leak forcing me to decom it and gave away all livestock 1-2weeks ago...

Mother keep nagging that tank without water is not good for feng shui.. Give it a tot and think that it maybe a good idea to do a leak test.

Since a colleague of mine has got lots of peacock bass, I could borrow 2 from him to keep till everything is ready before returning back to him.

So added water into the tank yesterday evening and I got woke up by water dripping sound. Time check 2am!

Walk to the living room and.. HELL! A swimming pool greeted me...

• SRC Member

Sorry to hear about this bro. Hope the house is cleaned up nicely by now. It's such a big pity to have a leak in such a beautiful and big tank. Try to identify the leak. If it's due to loose plumbing or misaligned o-rings, it is a breeze to fix. If it's due to jointing silicon, I believe many of the tank makers can help. But to isolate the cause may require you to fill another 800 litres of water.. it's a big pain and a drain (pun) of good $$. Lol.. But this time get ready an output pump with hose running the drain or lots if containers, and lots of towel.. Best to have a tank maker around while doing this as they are the experts. Good luck bro. I was looking forward to a tank setup of this dimensions as my dream tank would be something like this. Sincerely hoping you succeed bro.

Sorry to hear about this bro. Hope the house is cleaned up nicely by now.

It's such a big pity to have a leak in such a beautiful and big tank.

Try to identify the leak.

If it's due to loose plumbing or misaligned o-rings, it is a breeze to fix.

If it's due to jointing silicon, I believe many of the tank makers can help.

But to isolate the cause may require you to fill another 800 litres of water.. it's a big pain and a drain (pun) of good $$. Lol..

But this time get ready an output pump with hose running the drain or lots if containers, and lots of towel.. Best to have a tank maker around while doing this as they are the experts.

Good luck bro. I was looking forward to a tank setup of this dimensions as my dream tank would be something like this. Sincerely hoping you succeed bro.

Thanks bro and some other bro who whatsapp on this. I'm not about to give up yet haha. Have already gotten in touch with the original tank maker to come and see how he can salvage the tank.

I will just have to wait patiently while things slowly patch up things one at a time. After all patient is the key in this lovely hobby :)

• 3 months later...

Finally! Its been months since I last update. things just got ready and I'm excited to anticipate what's going to come ahead :) The leak and all has been rectify. 4panel glass has been replaced. Have been doing equipment (skimmer and return pump) and leak test for the past 2weeks NSW and liverock is expected to come in 2weeks time to start the cycling :D Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk 2

post-21665-13665102822498_thumb.jpg

post-21665-13665103225161_thumb.jpg

Finally! Its been months since I last update. things just got ready and I'm excited to anticipate what's going to come ahead :) The leak and all has been rectify. 4panel glass has been replaced. Have been doing equipment (skimmer and return pump) and leak test for the past 2weeks NSW and liverock is expected to come in 2weeks time to start the cycling :D Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk 2
Nice skimmer

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

• 3 weeks later...

Tank was filled up with NSW and liverocks today.

With the help of Victor from iwarna. Rock scape nicely nice by him. Thank you Victor.

I'm giving myself 3-6months to finish up the cycling and allow pods to gain power inside the tank while I slowly buy and add in the necessary equipments.

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk 2

post-21665-13680068518024_thumb.jpg

post-21665-1368006864018_thumb.jpg

post-21665-13680068719568_thumb.jpg

post-21665-13680068807689_thumb.jpg

• 10 months later...

Wow! I know its over due but didnt realise its so long overdue until i see the date.. lol alright over this period managed to get all equipments in changed and upgraded some equipments/system. Infact things only started moving at a much faster phase only about 5-6mths ago. Long story short! Current equipment list

China brand auto top up

Hailea 1/2hp chiller(loan from a very nice bro while waiting for a 1hp chiller)

Total 6 tubes T5 on ATI sunpower and aquamedic fixture

China brand 3ch dosing pump

Oversized Royal exclusive skimmer

2FR for carbon and PO4

Reactor for Fauna Marin ultralith.

Current water parameter

Temp 26°-27°

Mg 1415(still trying to reduce it to 1350)

Ca 450

Kh 7.5

Salinity 1.026/33ppt.

Manual dosing of ultra bio, ultrabak and ultra MinS.

Some pics on the tank now

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk

Wow! I know its over due but didnt realise its so long overdue until i see the date.. lol alright over this period managed to get all equipments in changed and upgraded some equipments/system. Infact things only started moving at a much faster phase only about 5-6mths ago. Long story short! Current equipment list

China brand auto top up

Hailea 1/2hp chiller(loan from a very nice bro while waiting for a 1hp chiller)

Total 6 tubes T5 on ATI sunpower and aquamedic fixture

China brand 3ch dosing pump

Oversized Royal exclusive skimmer

2FR for carbon and PO4

Reactor for Fauna Marin ultralith.

Current water parameter

Temp 26°-27°

Mg 1415(still trying to reduce it to 1350)

Ca 450

Kh 7.5

Salinity 1.026/33ppt.

Manual dosing of ultra bio, ultrabak and ultra MinS. Just started ultralith system for about 3weeks.

Some pics on the tank now. Its definitely not in its best condition now.. still a long way to go.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Imagepost-21665-13962669970058_thumb.jpgPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Nice collection of sps.

Very nice tank bro. Good to see u have come a long way. Your patience is very admirable! Just read through your thread. Any full tank shot? Love to see the depth of the tank with corals etc

I Love Stagsss

Very nice tank bro. Good to see u have come a long way. Your patience is very admirable! Just read through your thread. Any full tank shot? Love to see the depth of the tank with corals etc

thanks for your kind words. heres the pic but the fishes are hiding. i will try to snap one with then roaming the tank tomorrow morning. Posted Image

Finally bro. Thought u gonna cycle ur tank 6 months. Lol.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

dont tease me la bro haha things dont always go the way we want it to be.. but good thing thing i didnt give up and im waiting for chance to go rob your tank :P

• Like 1