Some guy kissed my ass

SpiderOne

• SRC Member

Always keep an instant camera in your car. Cabbies usually deny they're wrong and refuse to pay the damage. My cousin encountered this b4, but he took photos and threaten the cabbie that he'll sue. Then the cabbie finally yield and pay up. ;)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Spidy,

I can empathise with your encounter - I've been in many situations where i was tempted to do what you did !!! But I guess in life, esp in highly tensed up situations, it's really up to ourselves to control and overcome our emotions.

I agree that taxi drivers drive like the roads belong to their 'lao pei' I still think so up to today. But when you stop & think about the reason (we should judge actions based on the reasons, & not the action itself), they are concerned about getting one more fare for the day's living - i am sure it is unintentional on their part to cause frustration to other road users. If one day, some of us ever get retrenched & had to resort to being a cab driver, we would then konw how it's like.

These days, when on the roads, I just live & let live. I hardly use the honk. I would say the ultimate road etiquette one could have is to remain peaceful and calm despite getting pissed by other road users.

Just like using hurting & abusive words on your spouse / partner during a heated argument - it always leaves a scar & u regret it later (i,ve been a victim - so I left). Some a worse, they use physical violence and must feel damn shitty inside once they calm down.

Anyway spidy, the taxi driver u described is probably one of those that needs to be taught a lesson, however, I wouldn't do it at my expense. :evil:

• SRC Member

hmmm spidey, is your car manual? if it is, then u can do what i did to a cabbie that tailed my from singapore poly, thru the aye, until jln ahmad ibrahim and i was riding which made me feel damn worried! i tapped my brakes, the light showed... he backed off only to come right back! so i tapped again, this time, he did not slow down.. smart already right the fella... so i clutched in, ram my throttle.....VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!! then suddenly release my clutch and i sped of!! too bad got no smoke from my bike cause i ride a chopper if not ah.. solid! :evil::evil::evil:

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member

usually the water only splashes on your windscreen right... unless u have my dad's old car.. '95 corolla.. all the outlets for water to squirt out all loose already spray water, it would spin and spray until the hood also become wet :P

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member

Tot i'd add in here, myself being a driver for 5 torturous yrs...

Firstly, to all those who think it is 'ok' for the bloody taxi drivers to act like they do, just because u tink they are trying to feed their family - STOP and THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine this: you are driving yr whole family happily to an outing, and a taxi driver suddenly cuts into yr lane to pick up a passenger, causing a massive accident and injuring your whole family....wat do u say then?

"Oh never mind lah, he trying to make a living"...Or do u people say dat simply because u have never ever had any close encounters with those bastards b4, or worse, u dont even drive? <_<

Although I tink Spidey's skills are probably not quite up to mark yet (which P-plater is, anyways??? I was a noob myself then), I totally understand and do not condone his actions. But maybe he should have taken a pix (even something on yr hp will work) and taken down his license plate, I.C no., address, telephone and even the passengers' contacts. If any kaypoh had stopped to look, get them to be yr witness as best u can...

My personal advice is, NEVER EVER be behind a taxi, try yr best to change lane immediately or use a minimum of 3 car distance between u and him. Also, try NOT TO give in to taxis when they want to change into yr lane (I have given in to them b4 when in the left lane, only to have them STOP abruptly and pick up a passenger, and on another ocassion when on the rightmost lane, the bastard did a sudden illegal u-turn right after changing into my lane)

In this case, it NEVER pays to give in or to even be behind them...

what I do when I kenna tail-gater is to just release the accelerator.. get the car to slow down slowly.. so after a while they usually just overtake..

I don think its wise to jam the brakes.. will kenna the backside..

Not worth it lah.. waste your time : (

• SRC Member
If you want a tailgater off your back, just gently tap your brakes.

It will not slow you down but your third brake lights will come on,and he /she will have to reach for the brakes too.

Do that like once every 5 seconds ... he'll back off soon enough B)

It's not worth to risk yourselves by tapping the brake.

What I did is OFF then ON the lights. the speed of my car did not slow down, but he will react to the sudden red light :rolleyes:

but that was 10 years back when I was equally a danger driver. :D

• SRC Member
usually the water only splashes on your windscreen right... unless u have my dad's old car.. '95 corolla.. all the outlets for water to squirt out all loose already spray water, it would spin and spray until the hood also become wet :P

Maybe I was driving behind your dad's car! :whistle

Hi all,

actually can't believe wat I juz read, someone who tapped his brakes to allow the car behind to bang into him juz becoz the other fella is tailgating.... only to call someone else a road bully in another incident...

It's a shame that such behaviour has been condone by others... true, the taxi-driver has been an a__hole, but to deliberately cause an accident is potentially fatal and irresponsible... wat if the taxi-driver had wanted to switch lanes juz before you "tapped" your brakes? At dat instant moment when the taxi-driver looked to his side to check his blindspot and you braked! he could have smashed into your car at 90KPH without even braking, and dat could have effectively ended his life.... and your own, if you lose control of your vehicle due to the strong impact... wat if the passenger is a preganant lady ot an elderly person? can you live your life contented dat you killed someone becoz he tailgated you, and deserved it and come boast on internet forums!

If the situation is changed? wat if someone did that to you? do you feel as if you have deserved it if you have been tailgating the other person? By Traffic Rules, driving at 90kph requires a distance of 9 car-lengths, aren't you tailgating as well? Well in real life, nobody keep such lengths while driving, but do you even bother to observe a 2-car length safety distance? If you dun, alot of drivers driving in front could be tinking that you are tailgating....

A word of advice to our fellow reefers here, if ever someone does tailgate you, why not just let the other person overtake you? and even if the guy behind is really intent on tailgating you, the right thing to do is to keep your right foot on the accelerator and use your left foot to tap the brake, dat way, your speed doesn't drop, and yet your brake lights come on, den you can easily accelerate some distance in front....

I've been driving for more than 10 years, there are some idiots on the road, but please never attempt something so dangerous, u risk killing someone and after dat, can you live with the guilt? wat about the person's family?

Vincent Ho

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Hi all,

actually can't believe wat I juz read, someone who tapped his brakes to allow the car behind to bang into him juz becoz the other fella is tailgating.... only to call someone else a road bully in another incident...

It's a shame that such behaviour has been condone by others... true, the taxi-driver has been an a__hole, but to deliberately cause an accident is potentially fatal and irresponsible... wat if the taxi-driver had wanted to switch lanes juz before you "tapped" your brakes? At dat instant moment when the taxi-driver looked to his side to check his blindspot and you braked! he could have smashed into your car at 90KPH without even braking, and dat could have effectively ended his life.... and your own, if you lose control of your vehicle due to the strong impact... wat if the passenger is a preganant lady ot an elderly person? can you live your life contented dat you killed someone becoz he tailgated you, and deserved it and come boast on internet forums!

If the situation is changed? wat if someone did that to you? do you feel as if you have deserved it if you have been tailgating the other person? By Traffic Rules, driving at 90kph requires a distance of 9 car-lengths, aren't you tailgating as well? Well in real life, nobody keep such lengths while driving, but do you even bother to observe a 2-car length safety distance? If you dun, alot of drivers driving in front could be tinking that you are tailgating....

A word of advice to our fellow reefers here, if ever someone does tailgate you, why not just let the other person overtake you? and even if the guy behind is really intent on tailgating you, the right thing to do is to keep your right foot on the accelerator and use your left foot to tap the brake, dat way, your speed doesn't drop, and yet your brake lights come on, den you can easily accelerate some distance in front....

I've been driving for more than 10 years, there are some idiots on the road, but please never attempt something so dangerous, u risk killing someone and after dat, can you live with the guilt? wat about the person's family?

Vincent Ho

Vincent,

I second that. It boils down to 1 sensitive word : Maturity.

<_<

• SRC Member
brought to toyota they tried to fix it. but one side a bit slanted. and when it rains water leaks in .this morning guy came to take car to workshop and im stuck at home.

just a gentle reminder to u ;

TAXI DRIVERS OWN THE ROAD. THEIR PARENTS BOUGHT THE ROAD SO ALL THE LANES ARE THEIRS. THEIR GRANDPARENTS OWN THE TRAFFIC POLICE. SO ALL TRAFFIC LIGHTS DO NOT APPLY TO THEM. THEY ARE TOO GOOD TO SIGNAL. SIGNALING IS FOR LESSER FOLK LIKE YOU AND ME.

some special techniques to look out for include but are not limited to:

Triple Lane Dash

Traffic Light Sprint

Hi-Beam Of Fury

Super Wide Turn Special

-

This happy old man from cairnhill to Amk ave 3 tailgate me all the way. Finally got sick and braked right in front of his face. The look of horror on his face was worth it as he tried to jam his brakes. tapped my back quite hard but not exactly that hard. only checked my bumper didnt bother abt the boot was it was quite high. only realised when i got home and took out my bag it cant close properly. didnt even get his number. he was all flustered and there didnt seem to be any damage at all. Next time a f****ng old man tailgates me . im going to make sure he flies through the windscreen. I will go to court. i will testify. And if he has any children. then boo-f*****g-hoo to them. Mercy is a Privilege not to be extended to those who do not deserve it.

this is something a guy will only do when he's 19 ;)

• SRC Member

One day i hope to outgrow it. But Now i might as well live it up. Passengers all kids. probably egging him on to do it. ( by kids i mean stupid young punks [ like me ] .not toddlers. )

tapping brakes at 90km dun exactly bring u to 0 instantly.

He is risking My life. Not Just His. If he wants to go close his eyes and drive on an empty road he can do so for all anyone cares. But when you are suddenly forced to become an involuntary player in his dangerous game. Dont you think the situation would be pretty unfair if all you should do is just tolerate his bullying tactics.

Taxi Driver checking blind spot? He must be cabby of the year.

Can i live my life contented that he killed someone? As i recall. He would be killing himself. And i would just be another innocent road goer who did no wrong :) .

What is the purpose of tapping your brake lights. I believe its meant to signify you want to stop/slow down . so im pretty fu****g sure he knew my intentions. If he is too stupid to realise that. I am Glad to be of help to the community by weeding out the bad eggs on our road.

Like wedgee said. Having to feed family, thats a good reason to get on the road and earning some money. Thats not a good reason to be a bully and an unsafe driver on the road. Purposely putting yourself and other INNOCENT road users in potentially dangerous and life threatening Incidents.

My father Recently got hit by a taxi doing a wide turn . he was on his bike at that time and got hit down. I read his report to his base commander and it was pretty shitty. The cabby offered no assistance whatsoever . he had to wait for my mother to go pick him up and send him to hospital. and his leg was bleeding profusely. The taxi driver, in a desperate bid to get off clean claimed my father was drunk. And fell himself. so the police brought my father to the blood testing thing which revealed BAC to be 12. ( legal limit below 80) . Needless to say . dad got a nice new bike .

Its this and countless other incidents which have happened to my family/friends which have enlightened me on the subject of cab driver moral fibre. And jaded me to their welfare.

They remind me of little ah bengs. who want to go mess around with other little ah bengs and then get f****d and go all a flutter and start talking rubbish and panicking. Maybe i am weird maybe i am sick. But when someone puts you through a situation like this . That look of panic and fear in his eyes gives me an immense sense of satisfaction(an apt payment for my entertainment services) And that would be a major factor to consider while contemplating my next move.

I'll be 20 soon. maybe my brain will develop :)

he's going to find his car in the workshop most of the time because he's going to take offensive action against other drivers on the road. When he gets his license, no one tells him what's defensive driving???

Thanks goodness he do not own the car and won't be on the road everyday.

Probably he needs to attend some defensive driving course ASAP :)

Now do you know why the insurance premiums are higher for younger drivers? Doesn't start to drop until you're more than 32yrs old. All thanks to those kids.

They also do not give a damn if their car gets involved in any accident because they do not own the car nor pay a single cent for it.

I agree there are taxi drivers that drive like they own the rd but some other drivers are no better. There are black sheeps everywhere.

And how can some other guys come support his action by creating an accident deliberately???

Sorry to dissapoint you man.. Everyday i drive a lancer. when mother is at home then i use her car because my cd player is spoilt.

Then you are one more danger on the rd. Makes yourself no difference from those Cabbies that you hate so much.

Tell me your license plate so I can go "tap" my brakes in front of you and let your car crash into my car and I claim your insurance. My car is in need of a new bumper.

You see tailgating, changing lanes without signing, ROAD HOGGING etc etc everyday on the rd. I dun know what's there to complain about especially when you've a part to play with that accident.

• SRC Member

i am a super safe curteous driver. who follows all rules to the letter and keeps safely away from everyone . i never tailgate/roadhog/fail to signal/change lane recklessly etc. i even went around newton circus about 4 times till someone gave way to me rather than dangerously change lane. I thank everyone who gives way to me and smile politely.

But if u purposely try to get me to bang into your behind. I Do believe i can/Will Do it to you. Much more efficiently and life threateningly and with a lot less cares :)

• SRC Member

at the end of the day.. no matter how unfriendly, irresponsible, and stupid some fellow drivers are, there is no place for revengeful acts on the road.

s'pore roads isn't really that bad. this sort of reactions might just be enough to get you gunned to death on the highways of our friendly northern neighbours.

• SRC Member

U see. the big difference.Is he was right behind me. Laughing with his passengers. having a great time watching me sweat and purposely trying to scare me by endangering the lives of him , me. and his passengers. Something pretty freaking stupid. and something i would never do . if i do that to you. please sue me. i deserve it .

Gun me? more like I'll be the one gunning the taxi

that is from your perspective.

You just endangered the lifes of all parties in the two cars and probably any other 3rd parties on the rd as well. For example what if another bikes crash into the cabby after it crashed into you and the bikers gets hurt or worst lost his life? So who caused the accident?

Can this be avoided by you having applying some defensive action like releasing the accelerator and letting the car slow down and that will surely get him off your back.

If you had been driving on the rd daily then you would not feel scared at all as tailgating are quite common on the rd. Worst if you get pushed by others when you can even see the pimples on their face and you can't even see their headlight. So everytime you get someone tailgate/push you, you tap the brakes!! No wonder insurance premium shots up.

I've to tell you I hate cabbies too!!!

• SRC Member
U see. the big difference.Is he was right behind me. Laughing with his passengers. having a great time watching me sweat and purposely trying to scare me by endangering the lives of him , me. and his passengers. Something pretty freaking stupid. and something i would never do . if i do that to you. please sue me. i deserve it .

thats 3th world mentality.

2 wrongs doesn't make 1 right.

no one is defending the taxi driver so no need to tell us the actions or reaction of the taxi driver or his passengers. u bang me, i bang you back. you step on my toes, i step you back. how many steps forward is that for our society?

think u confused justice with revenge.