WP 40 Wavemaker

Kakani

this week is mid march , any news of Wp40 or WP25 ?

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

have anyone try to connect the wp40 to a lower voltage power adaptor?

the pump since it is voltage controlled.

read on RC that they are able to reduce the power by using a variable power adapter. 12V,15V etc etc

this way you can run it without having sandstorm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Sponsor

hi guys, the WP40 has limited qty and it will arrive this weekend on Saturday. Those who wants to collect at their fav LFS, do call them before heading there as i need to send the wavemaker to them.

WP25 is still undergo testing......factory mention it will be out only end April

limited stock for the WP40....so hurry

Early reviews for the wp25 haven't been so good. Same size, a lot less powerful, and only a little bit less expensive. I'm planning to try out a variable voltage power supply, which is what many people do on RC. Here is one that is used in the States but you could probably find something similar on deal extreme or eBay. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004I5ERUW/ref=oh_details_o02_s02_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• SRC Member

I not sure if wp 40 consider a DC pump.. What I do to my DC wave maker pump is I brought another adapter which able to adjust voltage. I drop the voltage if I want less wave. . If I want bigger wave I increase it to max the pump can take. ..

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member
It is a DC pump. Standard voltage is 24V. I just tried the lower voltage adapter and it works well.
Ha I tried lower mine to 12 v

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

i've found this laptop AC adapter which is universal and with adjustable voltage from 15-24Vs, read online with lots of people doing this and by adjusting the voltage, the speed adjusts too.

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Useful-New-Universal-96W-Laptop-AC-Power-adapter-Plug-EU-C1MY-Hot-/151014191062?pt=US_USB_Cables_Hubs_Adapters&hash=item232925afd6#ht_6013wt_906

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

• SRC Member

hi guys, the WP40 has limited qty and it will arrive this weekend on Saturday. Those who wants to collect at their fav LFS, do call them before heading there as i need to send the wavemaker to them.

WP25 is still undergo testing......factory mention it will be out only end April

limited stock for the WP40....so hurry

Sir, can share the tech specs for wp25?