WP 40 Wavemaker

Kakani

• SRC Member

Just got wp40. w1 wavemode surprisingly stong for my 5 footer.

Anybody knows where to get a step down adjustable adapter: 15v-24v and any particular type to get. Estimated cost too

DE sells adapter for stepping down. or you can go simlim :D

• SRC Member

Guys.. Do u all have problem with the wp40 light sensor? As in bright light = wave mode.. Dim light =night mode... Total darkness=wave mode... Is it suppose to work this way or mine is spoil?

Think it is due to the sensitivity of the sensor. Had the same prob before, but now I place the controller nearer to windows so that sensor is facing out and it works even in total darkness.<br />Think it got to do with difference between ambience lights vs the lights going to the sensor.<br /><br />Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

• SRC Member

Read that high powered light will spoil the light sensor, and that is not covered under warranty.. personally i don't use the sensor..

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

yes, that is normal. at least mine behave the same way. i think it is designed for those with sump with reverse lighting. in the morning, sump area is completely dark the wp40 on full operation. then nightime lighted sump for cheato to counter ph swings, wp40 on night mode. conclusion works great! :)

• SRC Member

Have use this product for a mth now for my 3feet. Using the wavebox mode & lucky my tank has bracings on 4 sides. This prevented the strong wave created by this wave maker from splashing out. And, my filter wool gets choked every alternate days, which i have to change much more frequent now, compared to using my previous wavemaker. It is a good sign thro'. More 'rubbish' gets washed down from my display tank to be trapped by my filter wool before going to my skimmer at the sump tank.<br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

Any one have pics of the wp40 in the tank ?

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

Is there even a new gen? How come u all can set night mode?

Tank and Equipments Used:-

Tank Size: 3x1.5x2

Return Pump: Eheim 1260

Lighting: DE 36 Inch T5 Retrofit 6 x 39 Watts | 5 ATI Blue Plus & 1 ATI Special Blue.

Wavemaker: 1x WP-40 | 1x SUNSUN 5000ltr/hr

Skimmer: BUBBLE MAGUS C7

Skimz ideas FR: Running ROWAPHOS (FEEDER PUMP: RESUN 1000)

Enductor FR: Running NP Biopellet (FEEDER PUMP: AQUABEE 1000)

Chaeto in sump

~ Watching my tank matures and progressing day by day , gives me great satisfactory

Cheers!

• SRC Member

Is there even a new gen? How come u all can set night mode?

there's a sensor inside for you. when no lights it will automatically go night mode. some find it useless as nature in the big sea there's no such thing called night mode LOL

I currently have a spoiled wp40. Really dissapointed. The popeler cant function properly and stopped. It died on me. Is the warranty covered? Dr Evil pls kindly get back to me. Thankyou.

Lighting: DE 36 Inch T5 Retrofit 6 x 39 Watts | 5 ATI Blue Plus & 1 ATI Special Blue.

Chaeto in sump

~ Watching my tank matures and progressing day by day , gives me great satisfactory

Cheers!

• SRC Member

Does the impeller start and stop on "else" and w3 mode?

impeller only start and stop on w1. Else and W3 is more of a random waves that picks up and slow down..

Its on w1 mode but guys guess what? It start and stop after i knocked it. Snd never starts again... so it means i need to knock it every 3 mins or so to keep it running? Thats definitely faulty. Ive check all the wirings , all attached properly. The impeller is also not ratating properly. Its making some noise as well.

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

• SRC Member
Its on w1 mode but guys guess what? It start and stop after i knocked it. Snd never starts again... so it means i need to knock it every 3 mins or so to keep it running? Thats definitely faulty. Ive check all the wirings , all attached properly. The impeller is also not ratating properly. Its making some noise as well.
Get back to delighting, you should have 6 months warranty provided for this.

• SRC Member

So what happen to WP-25?

according to reef central, US will receive the wp-25 in 2 weeks times. Its 10 bucks cheaper than the wp40 and flowrate is 6000l/hr. Not sure how true is this.