Third Love 2 x 2 x 1.5

erikokelf

• SRC Member

as long as piping not done yet should be able to change the piping. sump tank can just use back.

All thanks to your recommendation, i got the tank maker to change as per your suggestion to minimise headloss.

post-17481-0-70005700-1361932544_thumb.j

• Like 1

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• SRC Member

woah nice planning and equipments! can pm me the cost as well? might be useful for future upgrades :D

Pm Sent.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• SRC Member

All thanks to your recommendation, i got the tank maker to change as per your suggestion to minimise headloss.

attachicon.gifSump.jpg

think the drawing is wrong. From top view, the filter sock and return pump is on the left hand side of the sump, but the 3D view show that the return goes up from the skimmer section. Anyway glad that it can be changed. My current tank is designed for overflow water to flow thur a few elbows to the other end of the sump, the return will then return straight into the display directly above, resulting in min headloss.

• SRC Member

think the drawing is wrong. From top view, the filter sock and return pump is on the left hand side of the sump, but the 3D view show that the return goes up from the skimmer section. Anyway glad that it can be changed. My current tank is designed for overflow water to flow thur a few elbows to the other end of the sump, the return will then return straight into the display directly above, resulting in min headloss.

Yeah that's what i thought also, the 3D view seems a little different.

But guess should be fine, even if it's same as the 3D view piping wise should be quite easy to search if we are diligent enough.

Thanks for your suggestion and kind attention bro.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• SRC Member

Nice planning! Could u pm me the cost of the tank and contact of the maker as well? Thanks!

Pm sent.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• SRC Member

Finally the long awaited time came, i have received my tank :groupwavereversed:

Currently tank running on just tap water to clear off any dirt and to check for leakage for one day before i change it to RODI with salt mix.

post-17481-0-16411500-1362231285_thumb.j

post-17481-0-03571300-1362231290_thumb.j

post-17481-0-84563500-1362231294_thumb.j

While filling it up with water using bucket due to me totally forgotten about buying hoses, its really a tiring because i top up a total of 13 pail of water super shag.

Also looking at it, i guess it will take me at least 2 days to prepare RODI water :rip:

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• SRC Member

woah very neat! why not just buy NSW from farm?

Bro very neat because still many things not inside yet haha just add in tap water to run for a day before draining it out.

Still got 2 reactor not inside the sump, will only add in after i complete my tank cycling.

Not intending to buy NSW because lazy to buffer up the missing parameter so using salt mix will be the best although making water is a headache.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• SRC Member

Nice tank.Ur sump water level abit high,if main pump off or power fail will ur sump overflow?

No it's just for the mean time while i run tap water confirm won't overflow.

Once i fill in with salt mix will adjust the water level accordingly.

Right now just to "clean" off dirty stuff from the tank.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• SRC Member

you shouldnt use those red tape valve.

Why is that bro?

Can you further elaborate to enlighten me?

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

Bro very neat because still many things not inside yet haha just add in tap water to run for a day before draining it out.

Still got 2 reactor not inside the sump, will only add in after i complete my tank cycling.

Not intending to buy NSW because lazy to buffer up the missing parameter so using salt mix will be the best although making water is a headache.

For startup I think it is more practical to get nsw from reliable source like lck. Not bad at all, and save you tons of trouble. Salt mix can save for future water change. Just my 2 cent.

• SRC TOTQ Winner

Those red knobs valve can be quite stiff and difficult to turn. Best if could invest in GF or alternatively FIP which arn't as stiff. they can be purchased from aquarium artist or mad Petz.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

For startup I think it is more practical to get nsw from reliable source like lck. Not bad at all, and save you tons of trouble. Salt mix can save for future water change. Just my 2 cent.

Thanks for the advice bro, i'm kinda skeptical about purchasing NSW from lfs as i have very bad experience from it.

My yellow and convict tang died after i do water change using NSW from lfs so i told myself i'm not gonna let this happen again.

Those red knobs valve can be quite stiff and difficult to turn. Best if could invest in GF or alternatively FIP which arn't as stiff. they can be purchased from aquarium artist or mad Petz.

Noted with thanks. Shall look into the options in the near future but so far guess still manageable for me as i have tried turning it on and off a couple of time today.

Maybe when it gets too stiff, i will have to visit gym more often already :yahoo:

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

Thank you sis for helping me explain (:

its useless bro. I got muscles of a bull but I cant move those knobs after awhile. one of those was previously my regime for water change. And you wont want use too much force. scared break the silicon joints..

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

Thank you sis for helping me explain (:

its useless bro. I got muscles of a bull but I cant move those knobs after awhile. one of those was previously my regime for water change. And you wont want use too much force. scared break the silicon joints..

Noted with thanks bro.

Sent from my PadFone 2 using Tapatalk 2

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• SRC Member

Going into 4th day of cycling with daily dosage of bacteria with market prawn inside tank.

Got a really big shock today when i woken up in the morning, my return pump malfunction :rip:

Straight away i contacted Ken whom i purchased the pump from and without any hesitant he offer me a temporary replacement pump while waiting for his shipment to come for my 1 to 1 exchange.

It's all these services that make us consumer feel safe in terms of making purchases.

5 star excellent service from him :thumbsup:

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• SRC Member

Finally setup my maxspect and decided to take a picture of current state going into 5th day of cycling.

Decided to go with minimalist scaping with all the rest of the LR going into my sump.

post-17481-0-54543500-1362820148_thumb.j

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Been quite sometime since i last updated my thread as i have nothing much in additional.

But nevertheless i have fully completed my cycling and added a new YT in with some zoas (mainly from bro Firestarter) laying on the floor for the mean time.

Also looking into buying a Artica 1/10 coming June as due to budget constrain.

Some bros out here would know that i have been battling micro bubble for quite sometime, so for the mean time i will wait for nature to do the work of filling up the gap in the pipe with dirt before i start adding anything in it.

Currently there isn't much algae on my tank probably due to the very little life stock inside my tank only some very thin layer of brown algae on the glass which i have to clean up only every week or so.

I'm dosing kalkwasser via a DIY dripper on a daily basis (night) hoping that it will raise my PH of 7.5 now and also to raise my calcium level to encourage coralline algae.

In order to not overdose, i have been measuring my PH on a daily basis using my PH pen.

Special thanks to bro Gouldian for giving and suggesting using of kalkwasser to me and also helping me rectify the root cause of my micro bubble issue.

post-17481-0-33722300-1367325984_thumb.j

Pic below is the current colour of my rock still very white, lets see if the kalkwasser can do magic to my rock in due time :unsure:

post-17481-0-06338700-1367325987_thumb.j

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

Bro,

New Kalkwasser Dripper featured in Reef Builders - http://reefbuilders.com/2013/05/02/kalk-king/

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F