3ft shallow fowlr log

• SRC Member

Nice fishes in your collection.

Thanks bro. Im following ur tank thread quite closely as well. The amount of gems in ur tank is unbelievable. And thanks for answering my query that time.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.

Thanks bro. Im following ur tank thread quite closely as well. The amount of gems in ur tank is unbelievable. And thanks for answering my query that time.
No problem, u r welcome. And thanks for ur kind words. My tank not really that fantastic. Ha ha...

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Apologies in advance for the crappy pics. Water is quite cloudy due to heavy feeding.

Spotfin Pair

post-19676-0-58302700-1376207893_thumb.j

New Multibar Angelfish. Top 3 favourite fish. Nibbling on mysis and very active. Surprised me with its outgoingness.

post-19676-0-42773700-1376208007_thumb.j

post-19676-0-78278100-1376207979_thumb.j

Rock Beauty the new pig of my tank.

post-19676-0-72691900-1376208814_thumb.j

Hybrid Yellow/Scopas Tang or Scopas var. Either way its cool to me.

post-19676-0-57966900-1376208067_thumb.j

Unfocused Pic but I like it anyways with the two shepardis behind the male flame.

post-19676-0-78607900-1376208111_thumb.j

Female Flame.

post-19676-0-79294900-1376208178_thumb.j

Shepardi 1.

post-19676-0-19296200-1376208204_thumb.j

Shepardi 2. I like this one more. The black part on top extends all the way to the caudal area to the start of the tail.

post-19676-0-95356700-1376208248_thumb.j

My male pimp with 4 ladies.

post-19676-0-30218900-1376208357_thumb.j

Shepardi 1 with a female flame.

post-19676-0-15263600-1376208395_thumb.j

Shepardi 1 is quite the camwhore imo.

post-19676-0-48939000-1376208421_thumb.j

Venustus going strong.

post-19676-0-33844300-1376208455_thumb.j

Semifasciatus Pair. New one from Ah Beng. bought on friday, feeding well on mysis and cyclopeeze.

post-19676-0-87230300-1376208498_thumb.j

The streamers on my semifasciatus that i was talking about.

post-19676-0-33538500-1376208598_thumb.j

Gf's unwanted clown growing fat by the day.

post-19676-0-19476800-1376208699_thumb.j

Guam Flame Hawk from TFC. Chose this piece as it has a black crown on top of its head.

post-19676-0-18726400-1376208727_thumb.j

My pride and joy. The Harlequin Filefish. Fat and always ready to eat.

post-19676-0-39346000-1376208766_thumb.j

Well thats it. Again apologies as the water is quite cloudy due to heavy feeding. In a rush to update pics as gf is rushing me to go h&m.

Cheers.

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.

• SRC Member

HI Bro,

Possible to photo you sump tank? interested to know hows the sump set up.

thanks. :ThanxSmiley:

Lol bro this is the only place in my tank where I am embarassed to show cause its damn ghetto/messy/all over the place. But okay then.

post-19676-0-53456200-1376231756_thumb.j

Red hose is chiller line.

I was lazy to add an extension of the pipe down to sump so I stacked rocks and used a betta box with sponge as prefilter. Bought filter sock and holder but never use cause I find it easier to change sponge every week than to wash the sock.

Sump made by Vincent. I kind of copied bro Admiraltian's sump layout after seeing his tank thread.

Hope this helps.

• SRC Member
Like your group of flame angel hope to keep a group of flame like you but I don't think my tank allow
Bro you for sure can keep one. Its easier than u think actually!

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Another week has passed. Cloudiness gotten better though still there. I have reached the conclusion its the biopellets kicking in actually.

Its harder to take out the copper this time round. Copper still hovering at 0.1.

All fishes doing well. Got a new multibar to encourage the rather passive old one to come out more. And tge result is that it really came out more albeit chasing the new one around. Hope it dies down along with the passiveness.

Well thats it. Boring update.

Cheers and hv a happy sunday.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

• SRC Member

Two short vids of my daily regime.

Feeding mysis time.

http://youtu.be/xTgfaLYW2EU

Feeding White Clams time.

http://youtu.be/t6PsgxjAXWw

This on top of flakes, cyclopeeze and pellets. I can never keep my water nutrients down like this haha.

Sorry for bad quality. Watch in HQ pls!

• SRC Member

Thanks bro :D:D Your fowlr also looking very good :wub: Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

Nice collection of fishes... I wish i can have so many Flames like u..

Tried so many attempts and and still only left the sole survivor since my first attempt until i decided not to sacrifice anymore flame angels

• SRC Member

Nice collection of fishes... I wish i can have so many Flames like u..

Tried so many attempts and and still only left the sole survivor since my first attempt until i decided not to sacrifice anymore flame angels

Yeah bro I think I just got lucky. But ur fowlr looks good still :)

• SRC Member

Anyways I noticed my gramma has been acting weird and hiding alot since last week. I came back from work and saw it dead in its usual spot. Haih. :(

post-19676-13776136794012_thumb.jpg

Im at a loss to explain its demise. Fat fat also can go one.

• SRC Member

Anyways I noticed my gramma has been acting weird and hiding alot since last week. I came back from work and saw it dead in its usual spot. Haih. :(

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1377613672310.jpg

Dont be sad bro, this fish is like very easy gone case one. I tried so many times till i gave up already

• SRC Member
tEc" post="1128821" timestamp="1377622307"]Dont be sad bro, this fish is like very easy gone case one. I tried so many times till i gave up already
Thanks man. I don't like losing fishes no matter how cheap or easy they are. Ur grammas last time got any explanation why they up lorry?

• SRC Member
Hi, how is your Harlequin Filefish doing? Understand that this fish is a corallivore with a diet consisting mainly of Acropora polyps. and you mentioned that your's feed on small pellets and cyclopeeze?
Yep thats correct. Got it on 22/6. That's two months now feeding well on cyclops and 0.5mm nls pellets but as with any other corallivores im not too sure how long can it sustain without their natural diet.

• SRC Member
Thanks man. I don't like losing fishes no matter how cheap or easy they are. Ur grammas last time got any explanation why they up lorry?
No idea. No sign of disease. Maybe got scared by the bigger fishes. Lol

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1377613672310.jpg

My Gramma got eaten right in front of my eyes by my Piccasso Trigger that I was speechless.

If just dissappear without me knowing still not so bad leaving me wondering where it's gone.

But to be eaten right infront of me! Damn.

No more small fishes for me liow...

• SRC Member

No idea. No sign of disease. Maybe got scared by the bigger fishes. Lol

Hahahaha. maybe mine died that way also.

• SRC Member

I just lost my gramma too.. kept for 4 months plus.. eat everything.. even seaweed and pellets..

i suspect my six line wrasse is the murderer :(

Sixline wrasses are super territorial bro. Damsels also cannot fight one.

My Gramma got eaten right in front of my eyes by my Piccasso Trigger that I was speechless.

If just dissappear without me knowing still not so bad leaving me wondering where it's gone.

But to be eaten right infront of me! Damn.

No more small fishes for me liow...

Actually, at least u get some closure bro haha. At least u know what happend! And as sick as it sounds, I would be curious to see it happen.

Im not sure to feel better that now I know other people also lost their grammas recently haha. Thanks anyways for sharing ur stories.

Sixline wrasses are super territorial bro. Damsels also cannot fight one.

Actually, at least u get some closure bro haha. At least u know what happend! And as sick as it sounds, I would be curious to see it happen.

Im not sure to feel better that now I know other people also lost their grammas recently haha. Thanks anyways for sharing ur stories.

Haha... It's not nice to see cos my piccasso attcked my Gramma from the rear and half the body gone in an instant. and he continue to feast on it.. Damn..