RE: bringing in fish from overseas.

L0rdDracula

• SRC Member

Good day to all,

As i am going to thailand soon, I am thinking of looking around to see if I can spot any fish i want, to fly back together with me when I return from there but I have no idea what is the whole procedure to do so and is there any things to look out for... I have read through the AVA website and i still dont really get it... Any advise bros?

Best regards,

Chris

• SRC Supporter

There is a previously discussion on hang carry of fish from oversea being discussed here before if you do a search on it. As far as i know, there is a limitations on the liters of water that can be bought in but you must check in the bag.

• SRC Member

Hi bro,

I think, need to make sure that you have permit to bring out the fish from Thailand.

They may have their own regulation (for instance for Indonesia, they require a quarantine passed letter).

On Singapore side, AVA website has clearly defined the amount of fish that an individual is permitted to bring in without permit.

• 2 months later...

Description of my humble tank

Size - 4 x 2 x 2.5 ft

Protein Skimmer - Reef Octopus OCTX 160

Return Pump - Germain Eheim pump 3400 litres/hr

Chiller - Hailea Chiller 300A

Wave Maker - Ecotech Marine MP40W

Lighting - Solarmax 4ft MH 2 x 150 watts & 2 x T5 lights

Date of Commission of Tank - 22 Dec 2010

bro. i manage to bring in fish from vietnam.

what i did was just simply check in and hope that the fishes survive the journey.

not sure if it work for thailand. i did a printscreen of the ava site so that i can show the custom if any question asked.

• 2 weeks later...

To export out coral from indo, if I am not wrong at indo it offence exporting out country from their country. Reason due to the unbalance of the sea because they keep harvesting. That what I heard from them. So becareful later need to give super big ang bao to them.

my brother ever brought back fishes from thailand, about 10pcs, what he done was to packed at the LFS and place into styrofoam box and check-in at airport declaring "livestock".. thats it. but that was many years back, not sure how is it now.... any bro got experience?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

About bringing in fish from Jakarta it depend on luck. If officer is kind, you may past through but on the other hand, just like bro Kakani said they ask for big ang bao (many times more than the cost of fish if buy in Singapore). In this case give the fish to the officer, hehe...

• 1 month later...