Really huge Dual Beckett Skimmer....

Joe_P

• SRC Supporter

Hi Guys,

I might be going crazy cos the thought of having a huge Dual Beckett monster as a skimmer has been playing on my mind...

I was thinking of something thats min 4 feet and above in height able to be torn apart into 4 - 5 extension skimmer chambers....plus a really huge skimmer cup....

Was thinking of using a 190/200mm ID/OD acrylic tubing for skimmer chamber.... :evil:

Don't tempt me! I was thinking of a dual beckett myself... Robe's been saying that for the longest time to me.. upgrade to a dual beckett! LOL!!!

I wonder how much cleaner my water will become! :D

I think I can REALLY overfeed my reef then without worrying about over-pollution! :P

• SRC Supporter
Don't tempt me! I was thinking of a dual beckett myself... Robe's been saying that for the longest time to me.. upgrade to a dual beckett! LOL!!!

I wonder how much cleaner my water will become! :D

I think I can REALLY overfeed my reef then without worrying about over-pollution! :P

That would be real cool....

One issue though..... something that large would require a huge volume of water ......

Ever thought of what would happen if the pump that drives your current Alvy foamer would to fail??? :nuke:

So imagine something even bigger.... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

• SRC Member

That would be real cool....

One issue though..... something that large would require a huge volume of water ......

Ever thought of what would happen if the pump that drives your current Alvy foamer would to fail??? :nuke:

So imagine something even bigger.... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

The title should be "READY HUGE WALLET & UNLIMITED CASH"!

• SRC Supporter
You guys are getting crazier each day. Reef addiction is worst than bird flu or SAR :P

*cough* *cough*.... ehhhh....*Ah Choo*...

I'm down with Reef Flu..... :P

Will try to get some of the materials asap so that this could be done...

The difficult part is to get the Beckett Nozzle.....

Boss.....Let me consider that...hmmm...

Hahahahaah!! you're so hopeful that I also don't wish to spoil your dream...

I dun mind...but my CEO at home will throw me out together with my tank as well :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member
awesome dual skimmer. Dunno can use for my nano tank ..... :yeah:

yah right.. hope you are joking.. ;) .. the skimmer probably needs more water than your nano.. :lol:

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

wow really good ton of info but me jus an idiot in DIYing so maybe more of use to bigs gurus out there.

Prefer commercial made ones that come with warranty

BTW how many pumps are required to drive the dual beckett. or one giant pump is enough to drive the 2 injectors?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...