Amnomia at Toxic level

• SRC Member

YOu added in fishes and corals while your tank is cycling? oh man.. ppl would ask you to read the stickies on the forums so that you will be better informed.

Any chance to return the fishes and corals or give it away to better suited tanks ?

If not, i guess your best bet is to do frequent water changes..

• SRC Member

Wah.. so garang.. during cycling add corals already..

By right, if a tank is cycled, ammonia should never go up. Or at least should never go up that high.. (different case if you have a nano though).

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

Actually i engaged someone to do the setup for me..I did mention to him the need to cycle the tank before adding livestocks but he insist that it is not necessary.

FYI, my 4ft tank is filled with seawater. Fishes were added in after 3 days of cycling and corals about 1 week later.

Firegoby and cardinal was the first to go and follow by an angel fish. Currently 1 fireclown and 3 chromis still surviving....but doubt they will last long too!

The contractor is coming to my place later with a 'filter' which he say cen help filter 'amnomia' and I wonder if this is true? Or should i request for water change?

• SRC Member

seawater or not, you will still need cycling.. IMO, you should go back to the person who setup all that and demand they do something about it.

I bet after a while you will get high nitrite levels. Your cycling just started lah bro..

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

• SRC Member

hahah.. now then I realised he is the wrong forum.. Looks like he's selling ammonia at toxic levels.. :P

• SRC Member

Indeed.. u should go to those who have display tanks in their shops, and customise tank for you one. Not those uncle uncle anyhow say "3days can put fish liao la" once u listen to thise sentence, u can fire him and hire the other one.. :peace: request for water change too, own salt mix, see how he does it, if not, DIY.

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif

• SRC Member
Indeed.. u should go to those who have display tanks in their shops, and customise tank for you one. Not those uncle uncle anyhow say "3days can put fish liao la" once u listen to thise sentence, u can fire him and hire the other one..  :peace:

but sometimes you'll be suprised. I know of someone also engaging others to setup a tank in his home. They also took three days(definitely not even 1 week). The LS in there survived. Till now few months already. They probably used cycled stuff (biorings, rocks, sand, etc) for all the setup thats why. Just like what some people here do when they upgrade tanks. Cycling usually takes few days.

• SRC Member

but sometimes you'll be suprised. I know of someone also engaging others to setup a tank in his home. They also took three days(definitely not even 1 week). The LS in there survived. Till now few months already. They probably used cycled stuff (biorings, rocks, sand, etc) for all the setup thats why. Just like what some people here do when they upgrade tanks. Cycling usually takes few days.

ya..wad ppl does here they of cos noe better themselves.Matured or not, also they noe.. Now it's u engaging ppl come setup for u..u nv know whether they use matured stuffs or not ma..Somemore i dun quite trust seawater too(sorry for those who using seawater) cos as we said, we will nv noe wad's in the seawater, but, if u got the seawater from a trustable aquarium, tat's another case. :)

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif

• SRC Member

think the issue here is not seawater liao.. its the equipments and media used.. Is sucks when someone you put your trust & $$ on comes up with sub-standard stuff.

Sad to say the person i engaged to do the setup is a quite established shop in Pasir Ris Farmway.....thought they are reputable so should be ok. Didn't expect such things to happen.

Ya, he say the rocks/seawater etc. are matured ones so doesn't need long cycling times. The problem we faced is that the water is not crystal clear yet even after 2 weeks. He added in some bacteria supplement to the filter tank but still doesn't help. :(

I will probably ask him to bring back existing live stocks and then let the water run for another week or so before testing the water parameter?