irwana DI/RO water

• SRC Member

Hi just wondering if any bros here did through testing on irwana DI/Ro water?

if so what is the ALK?

i will try to bring along a clean and new bottle to get a bit extra from them the next top up to do a through test.

I just did a test on alk today its 3.8?? (result maybe wrong as i had just washed all my syringe after testing tank water had to use tissue to try and wipe the interior and fan it asap before leaving office.)

@nicereef :Me myself using iwarna DI water. Its fine so far. If its just DI water. Definitely ALK AND PH Levels would havr a big difference as compared to NSW. To achieve NSW params, you have to add salt. @ patrick: bro i also use bottles of distilled water from supermarkets if happen i ran out of DI water. I suppose that it shouldnt be a problem although the ingredients part stated to have small amounts of Calcium,Potasium,magnesium and some vitamins here and there. But so far seems ok to me. Cheers.

Tank and Equipments Used:-

Tank Size: 3x1.5x2

Return Pump: Eheim 1260

Lighting: DE 36 Inch T5 Retrofit 6 x 39 Watts | 5 ATI Blue Plus & 1 ATI Special Blue.

Wavemaker: 1x WP-40 | 1x SUNSUN 5000ltr/hr

Skimmer: BUBBLE MAGUS C7

Skimz ideas FR: Running ROWAPHOS (FEEDER PUMP: RESUN 1000)

Enductor FR: Running NP Biopellet (FEEDER PUMP: AQUABEE 1000)

Chaeto in sump

~ Watching my tank matures and progressing day by day , gives me great satisfactory

Cheers!

• SRC Member

Under specs on all perimeters. Tts my experience. You have to add salt to reach the required NSW specs.<br />Yt.

@nicereef :Me myself using iwarna DI water. Its fine so far. If its just DI water. Definitely ALK AND PH Levels would havr a big difference as compared to NSW. To achieve NSW params, you have to add salt. @ patrick: bro i also use bottles of distilled water from supermarkets if happen i ran out of DI water. I suppose that it shouldnt be a problem although the ingredients part stated to have small amounts of Calcium,Potasium,magnesium and some vitamins here and there. But so far seems ok to me. Cheers.

ok. got it. always thought salt is just make salty only dint realize it affects ph and alk.

i have never done a test on the water i added in. next time i mix finish liao got to do a good test.

I did a test on Irwana water and the PH i got was in the range of 8-8.2. After mixing the salt (friz) i measured the PH again using a PH test pen.

The results didnt vary much, maybe + / - 0.1. The volume of water i tested is about 10L.

Under specs on all perimeters. Tts my experience. You have to add salt to reach the required NSW specs.<br />Yt.

<br /><br />I am sorry. I had mistaken it for Iwarna NSW. For Iwarna DI water, I have no comment.<br />Sorry for being on the wrong channel.<br />YT.

• SRC Member
Thanks bro.

Which brand of DI bottled water brands are therein supermarkets that is cheapest and easily used as top-up as and when needed?

Try NTUC Life pure distilled drinking water 12 bottle of 1500ml for $5.90.

Iwarna selling at 10litres $1

Lighting: DE 36 Inch T5 Retrofit 6 x 39 Watts | 5 ATI Blue Plus & 1 ATI Special Blue.

Chaeto in sump

~ Watching my tank matures and progressing day by day , gives me great satisfactory

Cheers!

• SRC Member

Ehh... The "DI" in Ro/di and di from supermarket different leh... <br /><br />Bottled is DIstilled<br /><br />Ro/di = reverse osmosis, De-Ionised <br /><br />Both can use but is diff<br /><br />FYI - Distilled water should have 0 in all parameters i think... Distilled vs drinking vs mineral are all different type of "water"

:: just a noob ::

Iwarna selling at 10litres $1

I would suggest to use this if u have to . I would not go for those NTUC bottles.

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

i'm wondering do Iwarna have delivery services for RO/DI water?

Give them a call

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

Yes 1 trip $80 only. I would suggest that using iwarna di water better. As some of the supermarket distilled water has other elements.

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!