Finally! New place...new tank!

Mellow

Wanted to buy water from aquamarin today but realised they have shifted their RO source to new shop. Instead I find a live rock encrusted with green star polyps. Should have curbed my temptation as I actually had no intention to introduce corals or fishes for another 2 more weekspost-600-13720655466747_thumb.jpg

"Save a reef, grow your own"

Silly me tried to start the FR today as well. Should have been gently instead of dumping the whole can of rowaphos in it. Causing the whole sump to turn brown. Thankfully I haven't change water yetpost-600-13720656719672_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

Very neat scaping bro. But maybe you wanna move the right island slightly more away from the glass for ease of cleaning glass?

Just my 2cents.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

Very neat scaping bro. But maybe you wanna move the right island slightly more away from the glass for ease of cleaning glass?

Just my 2cents.

thanks bro for the thoughts. Actually I have no intention of cleaning the glass near to the second island where my external overflow is. Most probably I will try to grow some zoas or nice star polyps in the glass instead if there's a chance

Wanted to buy water from aquamarin today but realised they have shifted their RO source to new shop. Instead I find a live rock encrusted with green star polyps. Should have curbed my temptation as I actually had no intention to introduce corals or fishes for another 2 more weeks ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372065626.787095.jpg

You bought the GSP that I nearly bought :)

Follow Alex's Reefing Journey @ 

You bought the GSP that I nearly bought :)

wah. So coincidental u saw it too. Haha. If it ever grows out, I can give u a frag if u like bro. For now, it's just an expensive and pretty live rock. Haha.

wah. So coincidental u saw it too. Haha. If it ever grows out, I can give u a frag if u like bro. For now, it's just an expensive and pretty live rock. Haha.
Haha I am very regular customer there, stays near there, so it's hard for me to miss out anything there! Gotten a smaller frag tho. That's why din take that one. Anyway ur piece is really dense when it opens. Give it a bit more blue light for the green to be more luminous k :)

Follow Alex's Reefing Journey @ 

Haha I am very regular customer there, stays near there, so it's hard for me to miss out anything there! Gotten a smaller frag tho. That's why din take that one. Anyway ur piece is really dense when it opens. Give it a bit more blue light for the green to be more luminous k :)

thanks for the tip!

• SRC Member

looking good

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

My biggest fear. Bald patches! haha. Hopefully once I fill the tank with corals and when they grow out, it will block off some flow and prevent the sand from scattering. Looks really ugly now post-600-13721646549665_thumb.jpg

Realised my durso pipe is causing fluctuations in the water level in my sump due to its suction. Can any bros advise me what might have gone wrong? Causing my skimmer not to perform at optimum performancepost-600-13722573764022_thumb.jpg post-600-13722573948665_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

Think your sump was not made to house a insump skimmer. In sump skimmer need constant water level to work. My sump was made in a way such that no matter how much water is flowing to the sump, water where my skimmer is located is always the same level. The only portion that will vary in water level is my last portion, where my return pumps are located

Hey bro, thanks for the help. Actually my compartment for sump has constant water level. It's just that during the suction, the water seems to gush very quickly down o the sump and that caused a momentary increase of like half a cm increase in my sump compartment. So im trying to mimise that. Is the suction common for durso?

Got some advice from Dan and I think I found the sweet spot by controlling the valve and now the suction has stopped completely. Hope it stays that way. Before and after adjustmentpost-600-13722595594366_thumb.jpgpost-600-13722595800911_thumb.jpg

post-600-13722595086731_thumb.jpg