Finally! New place...new tank!

Mellow

The humilis which has suffered a little due to the hairy crab feasting on it. Thankfully still healthy and hopefully after I have chased it to the rocks, it will have time to heal.

When I first got it 3 months ago:

Posted Image

Today:Posted Image

better comparison

Posted ImagePosted Image

"Save a reef, grow your own"

Nice bro,can I know what is the name of the red sps in your last photo? Thank u

hi bro, it is called montipora digitata. Believe golden octopus has quite ready stocks. Was there yesterday and there were quite a few left and reasonable price. Less than 4 red notes

i thought its normal since the bottom part is not receiving any lights?

i don't think for this case, it is due to in sufficient lights coz I also noticed missed tissue and polyps. Not sure man bro. Been basting the coral every week also hoping to dislodge any flatworms present and letting the wrasses feed. Normally if not enough lights, the look wouldn't be like that.

i don't think for this case, it is due to in sufficient lights coz I also noticed missed tissue and polyps. Not sure man bro. Been basting the coral every week also hoping to dislodge any flatworms present and letting the wrasses feed. Normally if not enough lights, the look wouldn't be like that.

Might be a bad idea to dislodge them, the eggs might fall off and be carried away to another acro. Once hatched, they will start to attack and you will seeing breaching from the bottom. No joke with this one. My personal experience is overnight, one branch after another gets breached - real fast. Immediate and mandatory action must be taken. Can't rely on the wrasses alone.

Might be a bad idea to dislodge them, the eggs might fall off and be carried away to another acro. Once hatched, they will start to attack and you will seeing breaching from the bottom. No joke with this one. My personal experience is overnight, one branch after another gets breached - real fast. Immediate and mandatory action must be taken. Can't rely on the wrasses alone.

oh man. Thanks bro for the advice. Think I'll leave it alone rather than bast it. Scary thought to imagine the eggs hatching elsewhere coz I read in reef central that usually the wrasses will feed on them once they get dislodged. :( kinda given up on this losing battle
  • Like 1

oh man. Thanks bro for the advice. Think I'll leave it alone rather than bast it. Scary thought to imagine the eggs hatching elsewhere coz I read in reef central that usually the wrasses will feed on them once they get dislodged. :( kinda given up on this losing battle

I believe you might sometime need to train the wrasses that these are food for them by blasting them.

• SRC Member

Best is remove the affected sps away. So the eggs when hatch will not spread to others. Alternatively dip it in coralrx and brush off the eggs n flatworms. But from my experience it hardly survive due to already stress by the flatworms.

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

Very nice tank and house. I read from page 1.

Thanks for that bro!

Best is remove the affected sps away. So the eggs when hatch will not spread to others. Alternatively dip it in coralrx and brush off the eggs n flatworms. But from my experience it hardly survive due to already stress by the flatworms.

thanks bro. Most likely I will find a time this week to knock it off and remove it as it looks quite bad shape already and don't wanna risk spreading it further

Thanks for that bro!

thanks bro. Most likely I will find a time this week to knock it off and remove it as it looks quite bad shape already and don't wanna risk spreading it further

finally had time to dislodge and remove the staghorn infected. Will try to take more pics of my tank next weekend as nothing much has changed and no new purchases too

Updates on the bubble magus curve 7 skimmer from Razali.

2 thumbs up for performance and easy maintenance since you only need to maintain water level instead of also having to maintain air intake.

Considering the price and performance, I'll likely use this brand for quite a while.

Here's the skimmate after 4 daysPosted ImagePosted Image

Likewise some update on the product C Balance.

I'm currently dosing 60ml for each of the part and it maintains my Cal, dKH and Mg perfectly. In fact, I think can cut down test on Mag as long as dKH and Cal reading is fine since it's ironically balanced.

Straightforward application if used with dosing pump and I only have to replenish it every 2-3 months without much fuss.

Current parameters as follows:

Cal: 440

dKH: 8.5

Mg: 1410

PO4: 0

NO3: 0

Sg: 1.026

Back breaking day. What started out initially as a simple removal of my pink pocci to remove 2 sps eating hairy crab into a mini rescape of some of the sps yet to encrust.

Of course, that's also because I bought 3 new pieces of sps from GO today.

Here're the hairy crabsPosted Image caught feasting on my pocciPosted Image

Anyone knows whether this might be the result of some worm trying to tunnel into my montipora? It appeared overnight and there was like a 5cent coin size patchPosted Image

interestingly, as the patch heals with barnacle like bump, another patch has appeared on the right side of this montiPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image