$6K budget for 5ft tank

• SRC Member

Hey...guys...my workplace is contemplating fixing up a 5ft tank.

Was recommended an Artica Titanium chiller...

The rest from the quotation, I understand the specs but need to know if Artica is good?

Any fellow reefers has used that before?

And I still think the $6K quote quite ex as it is using only the Eheim pump... :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

Nup...if I see them using 'undesirable' suppliers, I will definitely highlight to my boss before they even consider... :P:evil:

Any, was glad that finally my 'harping' on marine has seen some fruit or that the call of the sea has enticed more people... :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Was also 'campaigning' to get fellow colleagues to support the notion of the marine tank... :lol:

The quotes are not just for the chiller. For the whole setup but dun think the equipment suggested is of standard if budget is no issue but you know me...want good and cheap... :P

JC...been working from 7am to 5pm and sometimes 7pm on most of the days...how late do you still expect me to work? Maybe camp there? :yeah::lol:

• SRC Member
Nup...if I see them using 'undesirable' suppliers, I will definitely highlight to my boss before they even consider... :P:evil:

Any, was glad that finally my 'harping' on marine has seen some fruit or that the call of the sea has enticed more people... :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Was also 'campaigning' to get fellow colleagues to support the notion of the marine tank... :lol:

The quotes are not just for the chiller. For the whole setup but dun think the equipment suggested is of standard if budget is no issue but you know me...want good and cheap... :P

JC...been working from 7am to 5pm and sometimes 7pm on most of the days...how late do you still expect me to work? Maybe camp there? :yeah::lol:

I not really sure abt the $6K budget. I already spent ard $3k on my 55gallon tank and I dun have chiller, calcium reactor, using my freshwater tank.

Actually camping is a nice experience. :P

• SRC Member
You tot? Tot you head ah!

Guidelines for the Product Review Forum.

Make me more busy onli!  <_<

:P:P solie...boss... :P

actually meant to post in the section below but I clicked wrongly and hope it will go unnoticed but alas... :lol::lol::lol:

So pls shift for me... :bow:

when you picking up your stuff? Busy this weekend so how?

• SRC Member

The boss here is not my that BIG Boss but the one in charge of the project... :P

Invited them into this forum so must be politically correct in speech as of now... :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

hi fren,

juz a caution, if this is a workplace tank, then one important

question must be answer before rushing into this project.

...Who is responsible for the tank...

Not to pour cold water on you, but sort this issue out clearly before

going into it ... unless you're empolying some external professional

3rd party to look after the tank maintenance.

No one wants to go back to office in the weekend lar ...

cheers

zephyros :peace:

Yeah... especially during school holidays... no one's going to be around.

Not just feeding but water topup (unless you get a TUBBY and solenoid controlling your freshwater tap), feeding, auto-timers for lights etc.

• SRC Member

Dun worry lah...my workplace everyday got people even on holidays wan... :lol:

Somemore, it closes at 9.00pm on certain days too... :(

Anyway, recommending Tubby too...but you know lah...have to see budget also... :P

Chances will be...I will be supplementing some stuff due to my love for the animals inside the tank... :P

Sigh...pocket going to burn another hole... :lol:

• SRC Member
Dun worry lah...my workplace everyday got people even on holidays wan...

everyday got ppl doesn't mean everyone wants to get involve ...

u know what i mean lar ;)

AND u dun want too many "hands" in the tank too ... just imagine

everyone whom walk pass feed the tank :sick::sick:

Planning for the setup of the tank is not that difficult (3-4 months),

compare to planning for the long term maintenance of the tank

Anyway, all the best in the project ...

• SRC Member

Shh... :P

Dun let my bossy read this but I gonna spend more time in that area and get myself involved in maintaining it than my secondary duties... :lol::lol::lol:

Alternatively...I may enlist a group of 'energetic and enthusiaistic' helpers if I can't handle but everything also 'no action talk only' as I am not the one in charge of this project...let's just hope the person in charge of it will really advocate RESPONSIBLE REEFING... :angel:

• SRC Member

Flubby,

Don't spoilt market ok. Wait my boss also follow suit. And don't you dare reveal our identity to your boss....if not wait your boss tell my boss and my boss check my posts and start wondering I have time to write on this site......Then I die flat flat... :P

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member

:lol::lol::lol:

Wowee...we speaking occupational lingo here hor... :P

Actually...Chris...you can consider leh... :eyebrow::eyebrow:

Anyway...the thing is...my boss may not know your boss and your boss may not know other bosses who know my boss since my boss is so far away from your boss... :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

everyday got ppl doesn't mean everyone wants to get involve ...

u know what i mean lar ;)

AND u dun want too many "hands" in the tank too ... just imagine

everyone whom walk pass feed the tank :sick::sick:

Planning for the setup of the tank is not that difficult (3-4 months),

compare to planning for the long term maintenance of the tank

Anyway, all the best in the project ...

When too many involved......there will be surprise newcomer into the tank....unless you can lock it up!

Imagine someone happily contribute some nice Butterfly or angle into your reef tank... :fear:

or maybe even a bamboo shark... :shock: