Rumor's Gobies Tank

KingFish

That's a considerate gesture :) ... when you are ready, let me know, I'll let you in on the Gobies Alert List :D

Wonder who got the other 2?

ah^siao, the seahorses are given to me by Bawater ( :thanks: ). They were already feeding on mysis. Never asked if they were trained to take to a dish, but looks like they do. :)

Pai seh liao... :paiseh: Wait till i catch whether thing that is in my tank... That even escape the glass bottle trap ler... And it ate all the prawn meat... Wonder what is it... :off:

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rumor..did you see the other goby at the row of tanks behind the small dull orange frogfish? They mentioned the name to me but i forgot...its quite dull, mainly white with dull brown patches, about the size as the goby you bought...it was going for around $19++? Had a grouper shaped mouth. :blink:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

Hmm..have not taken a pic...but it's very shy..more shy than the black-strip highfin goby (lost under my U.G maze again <_< )...so far din see it eat frozen brine shrimp yet. Tomorrow hopefully it starts feeding.

The Eviota.sp have very vivid colours, excellent additions to a reef tank.

Its found mainly in the Philippines waters, some local LFS / LFF do have their operations there. So with enough luck, we may get lucky, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed too :)

Fuel, mine started feeding on pods off the water column, as well as BBS, even adult Brine Shrimps which wandered near its burrow. But you got that right about it being extremely shy.

Give it some time, it should be ok. :)

yeap..i saw it picking off things in the water column in the CF holding tank. Hopefully starts feeding today.

Anyway, my dad was fascinated by the filtration system at CF..reminded him of those at st. john's island! :blink:

Rumor...my yasha started eating already. But still very shy. Something weird happened to it..maybe because it missed its pistol shrimp. Now it seem to have paired up with my firegoby! :blink: Havent got a chance to take a clear pic..always hiding at the back.. <_<

Hurray !!!!! My Yashia paired with a Alpheus randalli and are sharing a burrow now :upsidedown:. The shrimp excavates while the Yashia keep watch.

When the Hector or Rainfordi approaches, it exhibits peculiar behaviour of snapping its caudal fin, possibly to warn the shrimp of any danger .... very very interesting :)

Hi Rumor,

Glad to know that you like gobies, I am also a fan of gobies and Seahorses. Currently, I have Yellow Prawn, High Fin Red Banded & Blue streak plus three firefish. I am looking out for a purple firefish plus any interesting gobies such as Rainfordi or Hectori or Yashia, so if you happen to see any of these, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

Purple Firefish should not be too difficult to find, just have to be a little patient. Once the LFS / LFF gets wind, they'll flood the market soon enough.

The Rainfordi, Hectori and Yashia are a little tougher. Paradiz Reef still has 3 healthy Rainfordis if you're keen. They had Hectori for a while.

Will keep you on the 'Goby Alert List' :)

Maybe we should have another section under sgreefclub main forums..thread title would be 'Alert list'..followed by the goby section, angelfish section..etc...wun that be nice? :lol:

Oh... Yeah... Rescape my gobies tank and guess what i found... a 1.5in big hairy crab... Must be the murderer of my fish... :cry::cry: Flushed it down the toilet... :evil::evil: The tank should be free of crab liao... Oh... Gobies here I come... BTW is scooter blenny able to put with gobies... Coz got a pair now...

Member of:

I got lots of copepod in my tank now... amphipods Are those bigger ones right... I got a few greyish thing abt size of a mysis shrimp skipping on the sand... Everytime after i off the lights... I also got those very small red worms abt two three of them... Considered as ehough sand fauna...

Member of:

Terryz,

I wouldn't be too concerned with the brittlestar unless it gets too big. As long as you can provide the peaceful environment, the gobies should start to feed. :)

lvcap,

I'm not an advocate of 24hours lighting for refugium as I believe there must be a natural order of photosynthesis and respiration (work / rest) for all living organisms.

In any case, I would not put/leave anything else in the fuge except pods and worms. ;)

• SRC Member
Good on ya Terryz :)

Scooter Blennies are relatively amicable towards the peace loving Gobies, so if you have an established substrate with ample sand fauna, plus enough rocks for hiding ... you can Gobies away ... :D

erm.. but if you get 2 male scooter blennies, you'll find them chasing each other.. <_< .. they do not bite each other though.. just chase each other around the tank.. :rolleyes:

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member
Hurray !!!!! My Yashia paired with a Alpheus randalli and are sharing a burrow now :upsidedown:. The shrimp excavates while the Yashia keep watch.

When the Hector or Rainfordi approaches, it exhibits peculiar behaviour of snapping its caudal fin, possibly to warn the shrimp of any danger .... very very interesting :)

....so...show me the pics! :D

Intelligent people talk about ideas......

Average people talk about things......

Small people talk about other people......

....so...show me the pics! :D

The man is here :)

I've been trying, but its hard to capture the almost paranoid fish.

Any slightest motion will cause it to bolt for into its burrow, in like 1/10 of a second.

That should explain why its not commonly available.

Will try again tonight, maybe try like the wildlife photographers, put a hood over myself :ph34r: