Lemon's 2013 new build

yikai

• Senior Reefer

can indicate how much does a pair cost ?

100++ for a pair. the shrimp is expensive also. yes, it is still expensive for a 1 inch goby and a shrimp but the price has dropped tremendously since they first appeared in the trade 2-3 years ago.

cute :wub: . is it difficult to care for them...

nope. care level is same as per any shrimp goby. needs a quiet peaceful tank.

• Senior Reefer

thanks Lemon.
It is still an affordable fish as compared to those 4-digits specimens.. haha
thinking to get a pair as well!

will update when more comes in the future.

Hi bro, can i ask where you go hunting for your shrimps usually?

hit my quota on fish liao (fengshui reason) since cannot add fish thought of going for shrimps =p

shrimps are easy to find.

Henry@ML is one of the best places. he has many nano shrimps and gobies. Urocaridella shrimps, anemone shrimps, clapping shrimps, pistol shrimps etc.

Henry@ML is one of the best places. he has many nano shrimps and gobies. Urocaridella shrimps, anemone shrimps, clapping shrimps, pistol shrimps etc.

Or can try CF. Except no idea why lately CF is very quiet.

Might be planning for a bombshell shipment.

Ah Beng is good for hunting common shrimps

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

really? lol dint realize...looks like got to go visit him. Must be in the room coz i always captivated by his main tank =p

Still waiting for his next shipment lately like not much coming in there :(

• Senior Reefer

Or can try CF. Except no idea why lately CF is very quiet.

Might be planning for a bombshell shipment.

Ah Beng is good for hunting common shrimps

it is summer now in the states and sales are generally lower. they don't do much export during this season.

CF's main bread and butter is export, not retail, although they do allow us to walk in and buy.

it is summer now in the states and sales are generally lower. they don't do much export during this season.

CF's main bread and butter is export, not retail, although they do allow us to walk in and buy.

Oh I see.

So let's hope sales pick back up soon.

Do miss some of the fishes at CF

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

Would like to extend a big thanks to Fuel for helping me look after some of my fish while my tank was being built. Now that my tank is running and things are more or less settled down, i can begin taking back my fish slowly.

Meiacanthus reticulatus (Reticulated fang blenny). Peaceful and beautiful, a good fish to keep. I love fang blennies and they are very interesting to watch. This species is endemic to the coral sea, and can be obtained from Cairns Marine Australia shipment. this was from the pioneer batch. Has been in fuel's care for many months already prior to this tank set up.

Meiacanthus kamoharai (Kamohara fang blenny). My favorite fish. Came from Koji Wada's japanese shipment. This was the first kamohara that koji sent out of japan. right now there are 3 more in U.S.A for MACNA. Surprisingly very difficult and provided me with many sleepless nights. For many weeks it refused to eat anything except fish eggs. It grew thinner and thinner. But over the past week things looked better and now the fish is eating pellets. A big load off my shoulder.

post-0-0-27357200-1377865301_thumb.png

post-0-0-34026200-1377865306_thumb.png

• Senior Reefer

Genicanthus semifasciatus (Yellow Masked Angelfish). Male of a pair. This is my favorite of the swallowtails and until very recently, was rare and highly sporadic. However recently this fish has flooded the market beyond comprehension and is now the most common and easiest to obtain Genicanthus. It has lost all its novelty and overnight, went from being the rarest local swallowtail to the most common. Many reefers can now own this fish unlike the past.

post-0-0-57456100-1377865775_thumb.png

post-0-0-76816300-1377865778_thumb.png

post-0-0-70503000-1377865782_thumb.png

• SRC Member

Genicanthus semifasciatus (Yellow Masked Angelfish). Male of a pair. This is my favorite of the swallowtails and until very recently, was rare and highly sporadic. However recently this fish has flooded the market beyond comprehension and is now the most common and easiest to obtain Genicanthus. It has lost all its novelty and overnight, went from being the rarest local swallowtail to the most common. Many reefers can now own this fish unlike the past.

How much u bought the fish? reef safe?

• Senior Reefer

How much u bought the fish? reef safe?

it's not an expensive fish.

pasir ris farms market rate around 30+ to 40+. males slighly more expensive.

in the wild, genicanthus angels are planktivores and swim in water columns to catch floating food. as such, they are reef safe. but i have heard the odd story or two of them nipping corals.

• Senior Reefer

Nice tank build

thanks jeremy

Are the goby/shrimp combo fixed? Or can you pair the white cap with any other pistol?

for other genus of gobies, you can mix it up with the shrimp.

but for white cap gobies, they pair only with this pistol, A. rubromaculatus. It will be sold together.

Hi bro, can i ask where you go hunting for your shrimps usually?

hit my quota on fish liao (fengshui reason) since cannot add fish thought of going for shrimps =p

Number of fishes have no bearing on the Feng Shui. The purpose of the fishes is to have water movement as much as it can. It's called active water as opposed to still water which is generally used as a cure. More importantly the water must be very clean to ensure good Feng Shui. IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Nice tank, new concept of refugium view. Will the intense lighting of the refugium overwhelm the overall looks?

Your knowledge of marine fishes is impressive. Wish I got the time to study them. Maybe you could write a book in future. Keep it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• Senior Reefer
Nice tank, new concept of refugium view. Will the intense lighting of the refugium overwhelm the overall looks? Your knowledge of marine fishes is impressive. Wish I got the time to study them. Maybe you could write a book in future. Keep it up. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m/'>now Free
Refugium lights r cheap LEDs for the corals. It's not too bright. Thanks. But there r many people out there and even here with more knowledge on reef fish. I just read alot and do more research, but there are still many fish I do not know.
  • Like 1

• Senior Reefer

nice thank...bro, where did you place your wavemaker? and how many of them?

i placed my wavemakers at the back panel and direct them 45 degrees left and right.

using 6065 and 6085. abit overpowered for this tank.

• Senior Reefer

Nothing much to update.

Practising my shots on some of my shrimps in my refugium.

Cuapetes tenuipes - Orange long clawed shrimp. This is a really interesting shrimp with long claws that bend at 90 degrees. Very transparent.

post-0-0-56370100-1378135550_thumb.png

post-0-0-27182300-1378135553_thumb.png

post-0-0-69053000-1378135556_thumb.png