recipe for mg , ca , kh ??

youdontnowm

• SRC Member

hello ~

1) Am i right to say to dose

calcium = calcium chloride

kh = sodium bicarbonate

mg = magnesium sulfate OR mg chloride OR mg sulfate with mg chloride

2) what are the recipes do you guys use for ca,mg,kh ?

example : 1L calcium chloride with 10L of DI water

3)how do you know how much to dose it with your dosing pump every hour ??

example : in freshwater planted aquarium , there is a calculator to calculate how much NPK to dose daily to maintain the NPK , But for ca,mg,kh , i can only find calculator that says how many grams to dose instead of how much to dose daily to maintain at the desired level

sorry for my ignorance , new into this , thanks ~! :cheers:

| Display : 48x30x22 Skimmer : SK-201 skimz

| Sump : 30x24x18 Wavemaker : 2x RW-15 , 1x RW-8

| Cooling : 1HP titanium drop in coil ATO : JBJ

| Lighting : ATI Sunpower 8x54w + 48x cree xte royal blue Return : Jebao dc-6000

| Dosing : Jebao dosing pump [ CaCl2 + NaHCO3 ] Pump :

| Reactor : FSZ Z160 zeolite reactor & phosban 150

| System : ZEOVIT

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

:wub: >><< :wub:

this is how i determine my dosing

1) measure daily evaporation(eg 1000ml) & water parameter(eg water parameter kh 7, ca 400, mg 1350)

desire water parameter kh 8, ca 440, mg 1350

for a start, first mix 200g calcium chloride with 2L of DI water, 200g mg chloride with 2L of DI water, 200g sodium bicarbonate with 4L of DI water

sodium bicarbonate is less soluble

dose 250ml a day for ca & mg, 500ml a day for kh(total 1000ml a day to double as water topup)

hourly will be 31ml & 62ml(divide by 8 not 24)

measure your water parameter at day 4

case 1: same or lower reading, eg ca 400, add 50g to the orginal mix

case 2: slight increase, eg ca 420, do nothing, measure again 4 days later

case 3: desire or more than level, eg 450, add 50ml of water to the orginal mix

day 8, measure your water parameter before second mix

case 1: same reading, eg ca 400, 400g calcium chloride with 2L of DI water(initial was 200g, 4 days later added another 50g, ie 300g to 2L but still no increase)

case 2: slight increase, eg ca 420, 300g calcium chloride with 2L of DI water(initial was 200g, 4 days later added another 50g, ie 300g to 2L)

case 3: desire or more than level, eg 450, 200g calcium chloride with 2L of DI water

some prefer to increase the dosage volume, while others prefer to increase the concentration

prefer the latter cos i double my dosing as water topup

if you are inexperience, please counter check your parameter reading

cheers

• SRC Member
Check out Randy's 2 part. Google it I follow the dosage and I get stable kh and ca.
Have read the randy's 2parts but i find it hard to follow haha thats why askask around here :D
this is how i determine my dosing 1) measure daily evaporation(eg 1000ml) & water parameter(eg water parameter kh 7, ca 400, mg 1350) desire water parameter kh 8, ca 440, mg 1350 for a start, first mix 200g calcium chloride with 2L of DI water, 200g mg chloride with 2L of DI water, 200g sodium bicarbonate with 4L of DI water sodium bicarbonate is less soluble dose 250ml a day for ca & mg, 500ml a day for kh(total 1000ml a day to double as water topup) hourly will be 31ml & 62ml(divide by 8 not 24) measure your water parameter at day 4 case 1: same or lower reading, eg ca 400, add 50g to the orginal mix case 2: slight increase, eg ca 420, do nothing, measure again 4 days later case 3: desire or more than level, eg 450, add 50ml of water to the orginal mix day 8, measure your water parameter before second mix case 1: same reading, eg ca 400, 400g calcium chloride with 2L of DI water(initial was 200g, 4 days later added another 50g, ie 300g to 2L but still no increase) case 2: slight increase, eg ca 420, 300g calcium chloride with 2L of DI water(initial was 200g, 4 days later added another 50g, ie 300g to 2L) case 3: desire or more than level, eg 450, 200g calcium chloride with 2L of DI water some prefer to increase the dosage volume, while others prefer to increase the concentration prefer the latter cos i double my dosing as water topup if you are inexperience, please counter check your parameter reading cheers
Thanks for sharing! will try your method, but why divide by 8 and not 24??

| Lighting : ATI Sunpower 8x54w + 48x cree xte royal blue Return : Jebao dc-6000

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

• SRC Member

imo 1pm ca, 2pm kh, 3pm mg is better than 1pm ca kh mg, 2pm ca kh mg, 3pm ca kh mg

this will reduce the chance of chemical reaction

thankthanks !

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

imo 1pm ca, 2pm kh, 3pm mg is better than 1pm ca kh mg, 2pm ca kh mg, 3pm ca kh mg

this will reduce the chance of chemical reaction

Try dose ca/mg apart from kh longer period. you may dose ca/mg together at daytime and kh during night. You can dose calcium & magnesium together.

What happen when Sodium bicarbonate and calcium chloride meet. you may resulted introducing Sodium chloride, Carbon dioxide and Calcium carbonate.. poorer solubility characteristic unless acidic water..

Cheers and Happy Reefing..

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

thanks for the tips bro, but my dosing pump can only set start time, how times a day, and how many ml

currently got any dosing pump can set time? ie lights on dose ca/mg hourly, lights off dose kh hourly

I only familiar with Marine Magic and Grotech. You can program independent dose time and dosing duration. Therefore, you can clearly segregate them to avoid above scenario. Cheers

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

My kamoer dosing pump can set delay time in between each individual dosing channels and also a custom dosing time which I never use before.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.