blue tang

bomber

• SRC Member

tangs in general are prone to ich but some are hardier. blue tangs generally don't get ich easily. powder blue tang on the other hand is a different story :).

look for a healthy specimen, in shops observe their swimming patterns, you can see which ones are swimming well and eating well (ask the lfs to feed or sometimes if the tank has red algae, it will peck on it. look at their general complexion, bright blue will be best, some have paler coloration, this tells you that the fish is in a highly stressed environment.

best if you get from reefer instead since their usually very tame and feeding pellets.

Try tank/bucket transfer procedure. Quickest, easiest, simplest prophylactic ich treatment.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/blog.php?b=347

And of course, QT.

You have to accept that there are no easy fixes. No easy fix will be a 100%, or even 80% solution. If you got a disease-free tang, no QT, and healthy, that's luck not skill. Luck will run out.

• SRC Member

As long as it's feeding you shouldn't worry much.

I have my blue tang becoming poker dot after shock from my niece and nephew but after a few days it will all clear up if it's healthy and feeding.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp