Tuan's tank

tuan

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuan, have you taken off the sandbed and running barebottom now? :)

No, the sand is still in there, admittedly not as deep as before as it seems to slowly disappear, but both deep sand beds are still fully functioning and full of life.

My view window onto the tank chops off 6" down the bottom so you don't see the side of the sand bed.

Some of the corals are getting a bit too big, this monti cap frag was given to me when it was the size of a coin, and here it is at 2 years.

IMG_2952.jpg

It has grown so big that it broke off from it's mounting point, hence I've learned a lesson that you can't really mount corals using putty for long term growth. Better to wedge a frag into the rocks and let it grow on the rock surface.

• SRC Member
Some of the corals are getting a bit too big, this monti cap frag was given to me when it was the size of a coin, and here it is at 2 years.

IMG_2952.jpg

It has grown so big that it broke off from it's mounting point, hence I've learned a lesson that you can't really mount corals using putty for long term growth. Better to wedge a frag into the rocks and let it grow on the rock surface.

2 years only and it has grown this big?? Impressive! :bow:

• 3 months later...
  • SRC Member
Also this shot, angled upwards for that in the ocean feel..

IMG_3365.jpg

:shock::shock:

Beautiful! ...I'm speechless... :bow:

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

• 2 weeks later...