Need ID?

Midman

• SRC Member

Hi ppl...need help to identify this creeper....it's greenish with whitespot on its body and some maroon patch on top of it. Just notice it this morning. It's about 3-4 inches long can even stretch itself to 5 inches. Is it friendly or a destroyer? :shock: ...what does this thing feed on until can be so big?? :shock::shock::o

post-6-1076596188.jpg

• SRC Member

That looks like a lettuce slug which is an algae eater.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member
That looks like a lettuce slug which is an algae eater.

If it is an algae eater then it should be a friendly martian then...hehee can anybody confirm this creeper..attach another picture

post-6-1076596604.jpg

• SRC Member
Shooting it under white light should show its real colour.

But it does look a Lettuce Nudi.

I'd isolate it and drop in a rock with algae to confirm.

ok this is the best I can get...my digi camera is not good quality leh... close up sure blurr one..hahaha...hope u all can see this.. :rolleyes:

post-6-1076599067.jpg

• SRC Member
I got two stowaways from some rocks I purchased and yup...they caused no harm so far...looks like mine too... :)

Lettuce slug it is... :)

U mean u have it too....hmm..if it doing fine with urs..then it should be ok with mine too...feel much relief...geez it worries me ... like the movie "Martian Attack"...hahaha :eyebrow::bow:

• SRC Member
Some days you see it...some days you dun... :D

It does eat algae and at times, you will see it on the glass walls and also rocks. And I believe it doe eat turtle weed as mine always deplete quite fast... :(

Ok sis...thks for the info.....gonna search info on this martian..hehe.. i mean this lettuce slug... :lol:;):thanks:

• SRC Member

Good is good lah but too many worried also leh....This morning saw 3 of them creeping on my live rocks. Are they breeding or what??...I think I should remove 2 of them into my sump...see how they mate or breed...haha..maybe can do exchange with fellow reefers..hehehe