When will it ever grow up?

• SRC Member

ha ha ha... :x

i wanted to get one actually that time.. but after knowing that it will change it's colour when adult, i drop the idea. This is a real beautiful fish, now knowing that yours already 2 yrs old + still haven change, i think i might as well add one more fish into my tank ... i like the pattern actually.. not the adult stage loh.. hee...

maybe will be changing soon... :) good luck... but as for myself, i hope it remains like this.. more unqiue...

• SRC Member
ha ha ha... :x

i wanted to get one actually that time.. but after knowing that it will change it's colour when adult, i drop the idea. This is a real beautiful fish, now knowing that yours already 2 yrs old + still haven change, i think i might as well add one more fish into my tank ... i like the pattern actually.. not the adult stage loh.. hee...

maybe will be changing soon... :) good luck... but as for myself, i hope it remains like this.. more unqiue...

But as far as I know it should have changed color long ago. I dunno wats wrong with him

dino07.gif

• SRC Member

The horizontal lines are starting to show, and there is some yellowing near its back, so I think it is slowly transforming.

Myabe putting it in a tank where it cannot get the full range of food angels are normally used to in the wild (sponges, worms) has stunted its growth somewhat.

• SRC Member
The horizontal lines are starting to show, and there is some yellowing near its back, so I think it is slowly transforming.

Myabe putting it in a tank where it cannot get the full range of food angels are normally used to in the wild (sponges, worms) has stunted its growth somewhat.

Actually i do provide them with quite a wide variety of foods, ranging from brine shrimp to vegetables to dried food to prawn meat.

Yeah, no sponges for them, tried feeding them with sponge but cannot sustain as they tends to finish up the whole sponge which cause $6 in a single day. :whistle

dino07.gif

• SRC Member
how big is your tank...maybe like wat pospeh says...the growth are stunt...like arrowana if you didn't give them ample space for them to develope. :unsure:

erm........ mine i 1 6 feet tank. Big enuff for him grow. And there is not much fishes inside as I am currently trying to convert it into a reefs tank.

Infact i have recently given away one blue lip angel, one salfin tang, two gold maroon clown and one blue devil damsel to my cousin.

I am now trying to catch the yellow tail damsel and 'strawbery' - too aggressive. Intention is to introduce some fire fish into the tank. :D

dino07.gif

• SRC Member
How does introduction of fire fish help in catching those damsels? :blink:

These are the more aggressive fishes that will attack the more tame fishes especially when they have already established their territory.

Tried it before, they even attack doctor fish .........

:(

dino07.gif

Indeed it don’t make sense to use a $5 bait to catch a $1 fish ….

:lol:

Unless that damsel have killed some of your other fishes, then his value (bounty) would go up..... if it kills, say a juvenile Scribbled Angelfish, its value would technically by worth 3 figures...

If you do catch your damsel, you can sell your technique to Dodo, his 'damn-sel' is giving him hell.... :P

• SRC Member

i heard a rumour that damsels value go up according to what it kills :D

so how much is mine worth with: a plate coral,2x orange firefish,4x common clowns,2x skunk clowns & drawing blood from my hand 4x times.

but since i'm in a good mood- i will give it away for free. otherwise i'm gonna mash it up with a fork when i catch it. A 3" female domino(which killed a 4" O.niger trigger) i already took care off but still got a 4 striped one. :angry: i think they are nuclear proof just like cockroaches.

• SRC Member

I have a blue devil that's quite nice...only threaten the new fish for half a day. Even my strawberry and blenny survived him. It started with my tank 1.5 years ago...my longest resident together with my maroon clown and CBS. However, I have long discarded domino and yellowtail for criminal offences.

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member

Chris,

Thanks, i think i more or less decide that i shall keep my hands off those damsels. BTW, your avatar remind me of my kole tang that went missing(presumedly dead) 2 days after it was introduced to the tank. The first day, my coral beauty was chasing it, the second day... :cry2::cry2::cry2:

Now my coral beauty is chasing the newly introduced flame angel. Does coral beauty has bad reputation like those of damsels?

Hope nothing happen to my flame angel. Keeping my fingers cross.

• SRC Member

NormanH,

IMO, the coral beauty can be a nuisance. It gets eye infection easily and quite a bully. If I need to choose between the two, I'll definitely keep the flame. My tank has only one angel, flame, and I think its the most stunning drawf angel. My Kole manage to survive the attack of my 1 year old yellow and is now happy but lazier in terms of clearly algae.

I think (marine) therefore I am