Joey's Trail 2ft Tank

JoeyBabooey

Hi everyone!

it took a while for me to decide if I should even share photos of my current tank. This tank is freshwater converted for me to try out reefing. To make sure that saltwater aquarium keeping is for me. To learn everything that i can and make those mistakes and again valuable experience before i put down a big chunk of change and invest in a proper setup.

Since the aim of this tank was just a try-out to see if I have the salty fingers to keep things alive, scaping and such was not important. Right now I am just stocking up on corals so that I can transfer them to my new tank :superman:

It has been 6 months and I very happy to say that I'm managing to keep things alive! :yahoo:

Not to say that I had not made any mistakes... Believe me.. I have made too many! Anyway! Here is a picture of my tank and if you are just starting out, i just want to share that it's a lot easier than you think so just get into it! Thats something I wished someone had told me earlier otherwise I would have started reefing 2 years ago.. but better late than never!

I also want to take this opportunity to thank all the reefers here that has guided me along especially those reefers that I had met through buying corals from them. Definitely a friendly bunch and I hope to return that good attitude back to the community.

Tank: 60cm x 30cm x 36cm (6mm) crystal glass.

Skimmer: Reef Octopus BH1000 Hang On Skimmer

Lighting: 4 Tube Aquazonic T5HO

Additional Filtration: Eheim Classic 2215 canister filter and Fluval C2 HOB for Poly Filter + Algone + Carbon

605169B6-1008-415F-9FD6-EA740BD4C802.jpg

Please feel free to ask any questions and definitely your comments on what you would do differently.

Thank you all!

Cannot wait to start a tank setup journal after the new tank arrives!

Oh, Finally you started a thread ! Very nice and neat tank !

I saw my tiny winy torch .. haha !

hmmm .. 6mm glass a lil risky for saltwater .

Cant wait to go out with you guys soon !

[DECOMMEND]

Tank : 24" x 12" x 15" Acrylic Gex Tank

Lightings : Maxspect Razor 120W , Maxspect G2 160W ( Sold )
Skimmer : Red Sea Prizm
Dosing : Brightwell Aquatics Microbacter7,
Brightwell Aquatics Biofuel, Florida Aqua Farms It's Clear,

Florida Aqua Farms Coralline Stimulator.

Wavemaker : Tunze Nanostream 6015

Hahaha yea.. Just thought i'd share how the corals i bought from other reefers like you are doing.

Trying to be as neat as i can la.. Even though this is a 'holding tank'.. Definitely not as neat as your tank lor!

Yup! I also agree 6mm glass is too risky... Thats why order new tank mah.. Must quickly cycle that and transfer over..

Haha! Yeah!! More fun to go coral hunting with more kaki!

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates?

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

hope to see you tank bloom with more coral

hehe I hope so too!!! right now i am deciding what kind of corals i really like... trying out different corals.. like now i have realised i dont really like mushrooms.. and i love zoas and LPS corals...

Any updates?

Hey bro! thanks for dropping by! been pretty busy lately with work and such so just the usual maintenance... and planning of the new tank. Just spotted some coraline algae growing so was a bit excited. so far i have got my zoas collection on frag plugs and glued them to small rocks hoping they will grow and encrust the rocks.. because of this... my scape is pretty darn ugly... oh yes, i received a plate coral for christmas. looks good! Hope i am taking good care of it =) Will post a FTS in the morning when the light are on.

• SRC Member

Very nice softy tank. Bro you really need to upgrade soon as your fox face might not be happy with the tank size =)

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

Thanks for your comments guys! Im quite happy that it has survived!

Yup! Im running a chiller on this tank. Using the Hailea HS28A chiller.

Dont worry! The new 'alot bigger' tank will be arriving in 1 week! I hope... Soon the fishes will have plenty of room to play in... The fox face is my favorite fish right now. Just about 3 to 4 inches.