1000 Gallon 3D Hole in the wall

Harlequinmania

• SRC Member

Although i like the filter sock and chamber design , i modified the design to replace some filter sock section to bio tower where i could hold cotton wool for first stage of waste removal, the Filter sock will then remove the rest of the debris on the second stage of mechanical filtration . I hope this will also reduce the frequency i need to wash the filter sock.

I thought of using this method just the other day. Good planning! Do factor in the possibilities of countering overflow due to choked filter wool.

• SRC Supporter

I thought of using this method just the other day. Good planning! Do factor in the possibilities of countering overflow due to choked filter wool.

Yap , already cater for that as well.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

After doing a detail study of the whole fish room again, i decided to move back my sump tank back below the main tank to save space .

Revised detail layout of the fish room

Posted Image

Bro, main tank should be lower for easier access.. I always need a ladder to do anything.. If you have the space.. Build a bigger sump at the side..

Do you smell what my tank is cooking..

When you fish for love, bait with your heart, not your brain

• SRC Supporter

Bro, main tank should be lower for easier access.. I always need a ladder to do anything.. If you have the space.. Build a bigger sump at the side..

If I have my main tank too low, the viewing will be affected since it is mounted on to the wall. I hope to have a longer sump, but due to space constraint for other equipments, have to give up the idea.

If I have my main tank too low, the viewing will be affected since it is mounted on to the wall. I hope to have a longer sump, but due to space constraint for other equipments, have to give up the idea.

Yeah, whichever way.. Please Chope a space for me !!

When you fish for love, bait with your heart, not your brain

Albert is dam good at this kinda systems............but I am always curious on the maintenance of this kinda big tank..........He asked me to buy his big vertical display tank of his at Aquarama........I would think I would need to wear a divesuit like Chingchai to do scaping and maintenance..........

I like your plans.........very thought out.............

• SRC Supporter

Frag Tank racking system

I will be using aluminium profile racking system for both the main tank and frag tank racking. i also found a very useful free online software which enable user to design their own profile and it is so easy to use. Just to share here for those DIY freaks :P ( http://www.framexpert.com/products/framedesigner/download/ )

Profile design

8_zps39cd3092.jpg

screenshot-Copy_zps6d03ac26.jpg

3-Copy_zps90d9ea81.jpg

2-Copy-Copy_zps943eabdb.jpg

fragrack_zpsae52ac93.jpg

• SRC Supporter

The outer wall dimension detail .

20131225_1305162_zps47e93a7e.jpg

What a way to start the new year, i just found out few day ago my reno contractor have not follow the dimension we give and the hole on the wall which was smaller at 1830 mm . So my tank could be able to slot in ..

He still claim that i gave him the wrong dimension earlier, lesson learnt always have black & white drawing to your reno contractor.

So now, they have to adjust the wall again.

20140104_145741_zps4c3bf81a.jpg

The other side of the wall will be a glass wall / sliding door .

20140104_145706_800x600_zpsed8d9450.jpg

Lucky you. I've been dreaming and designing just such a setup for ages, keyword dreaming.

Are you doing the jut out like the Fluval Edge? Allow me to share the no-water-level-jut-out-look:

fluval-edge-aquarium.jpg

Walls would cover the water level giving your visitors the "holy what" look.

My plan was to have the contracters build brick with small I-beam support stand for the tank, laying down foam on top of plywood sitting on the flat cement for the tank to sit on, four tons of water is no joke, though the smallest I-beam can do 6 tons.

And definitely exhast fans on the walls.

Again, I was (still am) dreaming of owning your setup, not happening I am sure. Best wishes for everything going smooth. I look forward to getting invited to see it :thumbsup: .

Materialism :- He who dies with the most toys, wins.

Lucky you. I've been dreaming and designing just such a setup for ages, keyword dreaming.

Are you doing the jut out like the Fluval Edge? Allow me to share the no-water-level-jut-out-look:

108.jpg

Walls would cover the water level giving your visitors the "holy what" look.

My plan was to have the contracters build brick with small I-beam support stand for the tank, laying down foam on top of plywood sitting on the flat cement for the tank to sit on, four tons of water is no joke, though the smallest I-beam can do 6 tons.

And definitely exhast fans on the walls.

Again, I was (still am) dreaming of owning your setup, not happening I am sure. Best wishes for everything going smooth. I look forward to getting invited to see it :thumbsup: .

Thanks for sharing. i bet the look would be even more awesome if was like your tank design to have fully flush water level without seeing the edge. But too bad, the tank has already been made and in the sea now :cry2:

Surely you will be invited if you are willing to come :angel: ..

My skimmer has arrived. The Deltec SC 2560 internal which i will be using two unit of this skimmer. Each unit is good for up to 2000 litres so it should be just nice together with my present unit. I always like to have an oversized skimmer but unfortunately the current budget doesnt allow so :P ... Maybe at a later stage.

20140107_212443_zpseea491eb.jpg

Lighting.

I always been a fan of LEDs lighting all these years of reefing , thus the lighting of my new tank will be powered mainly by 3 x AI Sol, 3 x AI Hydra , 2 X AI Hydra 52 together with 4 tube of T5 with Aqua Blue . This is the first time i am trying out LEDs with T5, and not sure how the result will be but i am keeping my finger cross. The lighting set may seem alittle bit overkill for a SPS tank, but maybe i will just take out 2 unit of Sol and use the rest depending on the result i get.

20140109_201033_zps011c765b.jpg

20140109_201345_zpsdc3e9f4b.jpg

This is the humidifier controller which i bought from ebay, the idea was to link this to the exhaust fan to maintain the humility of the room automatically without running the exhaust fan 24/7 .

20140107_213327_zpse1e46336.jpg

3 more days to?.. That will b exciting..awaiting to get invite to envy the final product..

3 more day to the tank arrival in singapore lol..

I always like to have an oversized skimmer but unfortunately the current budget doesnt allow so :P ... Maybe at a later stage. 

Posted Image

Are you kidding me?

You have spent so much on this mega project and it looks like an unlimited" pork barrel "budget.

House warming schedule please.

Cheers,

Yt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk