1000 Gallon 3D Hole in the wall

Harlequinmania

Awesome skimmer and SPS corals!  I first noticed the Nyos skimmer due to its sexy and sleek design 18 months ago and am Glad it's available locally now although I am still sticking to my tried and trusted Deltec 2060.

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Supporter

Recently got a kh spike as my c02 senonid break down and keep on running , luckily there is no major causality instead of some stn frags.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Supporter
On 12/20/2016 at 11:31 AM, SimonLSB said:

Nice food.. can know where did u get this food..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

got it from Marine Life previously.. Although they are closed now, you can still get it from Iwarna. 

• 11 months later...
  • SRC Supporter

Happy new year to everyone , didn't realize that it has been so long since I last update my tank thread.. hopefully I can find more time to do so and share this year

My AT is turning 3 this year in my tank.. Thanks to the previous owner for this awesome fish .

3fa7d706f7d009e21ef56bf386f4ca33.jpg

• SRC Supporter

Some recent pics.. over the period of years, the tank suffer some up and down , red cyno, bryosis alage bloom , massive kh fluctuation due to c02 tank running empty on Cr .. anything that can happen in the hobby, you name it and it can happen over time if you reef long enough.

loss some of the sps, some STN but manage to save some in my frag tank for regrowth later on..
e4e06e249802bc4e5101a682ed75d225.jpg6a51dc1227522bd4bc327804d40629cc.jpg3788097118c6aa838e99a57f7d0e6e18.jpgbb3bae80d80754e64f53d61600ece60c.jpg05a4dc977f10f8c67dd1e29bb09082f2.jpg008b07427e2f9bb625ee560ee34ff801.jpg9ef2099f807a2873122cb7226418d51f.jpg

V nice AT!!!! And nice colour of the sps!!

Dosing any supplement? 

And is ur zoas tank connected to ur main tank?

|| Tank: 5x2x2.5 || Sump 3.5x1.5.1.5 || Lights: DeLighting 2x80w Aquable Special T5 ||

|| Return: 2 x ehiem 1264 || Skimmer: Skimz SM251 ||

|| CR: deltec denitrator || ATO with custom make reservior tank||

|| FR: TLF running Rowas ,UV ||

|| Wavemaker: Jebao RE20& RW15|| Chiller: Daikin 1HP Compressor ||

|| Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor ||

• SRC Supporter
V nice AT!!!! And nice colour of the sps!!
Dosing any supplement? 
And is ur zoas tank connected to ur main tank?
I am dosing grotech A,B,C,M . But I stop everything recently due to bryosis alage . I suspect is due to too much trace element of a certain element due to a salt brand I tried.. so did a major water change remove all the alage manually and with hydrogen peroxide and monitor now.

Yap the zoas and sps frag tank is all connected in one system.

• SRC Supporter

There has always been this question of the reliability of the aluminium profile over the long term on my head , since my set up is close to 5 year old. I am happy to say that with proper selection of the right profile strength, it should last for a very long time..

However, I did regular check on the profile and joint for any sign of failure or rust and it seem that the accessories securing the profile might not be 100% rust proof . Found out that some of the clip holding the profile together show sign of rust and immediately apply some anti rust solutions, and i think I. going to get some additional bracket installed over the weekend. Better be safe ..

94e2b39d67bf8c74e99952c93643ad23.jpg

• SRC Supporter
5 hours ago, he said:

There has always been this question of the reliability of the aluminium profile over the long term on my head , since my set up is close to 5 year old. I am happy to say that with proper selection of the right profile strength, it should last for a very long time..

However, I did regular check on the profile and joint for any sign of failure or rust and it seem that the accessories securing the profile might not be 100% rust proof . Found out that some of the clip holding the profile together show sign of rust and immediately apply some anti rust solutions, and i think I. going to get some additional bracket installed over the weekend. Better be safe ..

94e2b39d67bf8c74e99952c93643ad23.jpg

I believe the steel screws/clips will not corrode too much because magnesium also functions as the sacrificial anode.

Nevertheless, its a good idea to add some brackets.

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/