best lighting for SPS

• SRC Member

T5. U will get the colors of the SPS that u yourself & most reefers will agreed that is it the nicest. No doubt that u have to change tubes, but then what is the point of keeping SPS if u do not get the colors using other lightings. It is a small price (changing tubes) to pay for bringing out the colors of SPS. Most importantly, T5 are proven, user friendly ( u will never go wrong with the required spectrum. Internet have vast amount of infos/ recommendations on the tubes to use ). Although there are instances where LEDs users reporting success, there are also many others who are struggling with this new technologies, some even give up, dumped their LEDs one side & switched back to T5/ MH. Time & money wasted. There are some who never see true brillant colors of SPS under T5/ MH & though that is the normal colors of SPS, under LEDs. But then, LEDs technology are getting better, maybe in a few years time, it will reach there & replace T5, juz like how T5 replace T8. But LEDs are quite close but still not there now.

• SRC Member

Btw, i feel that ATI sunpower is powerful enough. I had a few deep water SPS up the lorry because of this fixture. I had to place them on the sandbed under some shade for them to survive. The up lorry ones, 3 red dragons frags & 1 devil's whip frags. Lucky, i got replacements for them & the latest ones survive.

• SRC Member

MH+T5 The Best Combo..I Am Currently Running R420R Razor..16000K Modules...With Great Results with My SPS..:)

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

i like to have MH and T5 combo too but am unable to find suitable fixtures for this. Any advice? I am currently using ATI Sunpower. thanks

Use a couple of lumenarc reflectors and get one of the sponsors here to build a fixture for you,