Joe's 3ft Salted Journal

JoeyBabooey

• SRC Member

Bro, ur hinges r SS n they rusted?..

myns not SS..Hmm should Have Took That Into Taught..Even The LFS Didnt Say Was new that time..haha got a couple of SS ones..

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• 3 months later...

WOOHOO! I am back from the dead!

If you had been following and wondering what happened to the progress, well... there was none! Until today!

Basically, i quit my old job to relax and recharge and look for another job... and that took a little longer than i thought. So I had to put off setting up my tank for the last few months. But now i've started my new job, things can get back on track (financially)!

So today I set out on a mission to get my skimmer... aaaaand I wanted a Deltec SC1455. heard only good things. So i went down to the LFS to get it but they didnt have any in stock. Just as I was going to place an order for the Deltec, I was introduced to the Vertex Omega series of skimmers. I was initially scared of looking at Vertex skimmers because I assumed the price was going to be much more insane. But surprisingly it was not! Soooooooo... i went home with my new toy, the Vertex Omega 150!

Here's a close look after unboxing and assembly. I must say it was super easy to assemble. Very strong build quality and heavy! Feels solid. Not a big fan of the outside pump but convinced myself that cleaning it down the road it will be easier. Cannot wait to run it!! Especially love how the collection cup is screw-on... no more mess!

3661291B-8E8F-4AB9-AEDC-28FB971586A0.jpg

Here's how it looks like in sump. It super-duper-just-nice fit my sump compartment!

DEAB4B2D-1195-4794-A422-50A6FF0D570E.jpg

• SRC Member
WOOHOO! I am back from the dead! If you had been following and wondering what happened to the progress, well... there was none! Until today! Basically, i quit my old job to relax and recharge and look for another job... and that took a little longer than i thought. So I had to put off setting up my tank for the last few months. But now i've started my new job, things can get back on track (financially)! So today I set out on a mission to get my skimmer... aaaaand I wanted a Deltec SC1455. heard only good things. So i went down to the LFS to get it but they didnt have any in stock. Just as I was going to place an order for the Deltec, I was introduced to the Vertex Omega series of skimmers. I was initially scared of looking at Vertex skimmers because I assumed the price was going to be much more insane. But surprisingly it was not! Soooooooo... i went home with my new toy, the Vertex Omega 150! Here's a close look after unboxing and assembly. I must say it was super easy to assemble. Very strong build quality and heavy! Feels solid. Not a big fan of the outside pump but convinced myself that cleaning it down the road it will be easier. Cannot wait to run it!! Especially love how the collection cup is screw-on... no more mess! 3661291B-8E8F-4AB9-AEDC-28FB971586A0.jpg Here's how it looks like in sump. It super-duper-just-nice fit my sump compartment! DEAB4B2D-1195-4794-A422-50A6FF0D570E.jpg
Bro Your skimmer fit perfectly your sump you right :) , keep us update how he perform in the future :) Cheers

Now that the heart of the system is in place, its time to fill up water!!!

But not until my DI filter is ready... due for collection next weekend at MadPetz.

Oh by the way... along the journey so far (cue 'Faithfully' by Journey), I had to change my plans for a mixed reef and now settle for a FOWLR.

There are a few reasons but mainly its due to my current work life which doesn't leave me much energy when I get home and I would really want to settle down into my own home so that I can have a better design to better suit a reef tank... for example, I want a drop in coil chiller but my parents would kill me if I installed a massive compressor in their home. So for now just have to wait patiently for that ideal BTO...

Nice skimmer!!

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Bro Your skimmer fit perfectly your sump you right :) , keep us update how he perform in the future :) Cheers

HAHA yar i know! I didnt even measure the compartment because i know for sure Deltec will fit. But im so glad the gamble was worth it! Anyway uncle gave me the option to change if cannot fit. YUP! Will be filling up next weekend and will give a working review on the performance of this beast... for now can only just stare at it...

• SRC Member

Bro Missing so long lah you..Haha Glad That You Are Back...

Wah! Vertex! I Heard Thier skimmers are like Bubble King standard's

Update Bro..Hope to see it filled With Salty Goodness soon!

cheers!

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

haha yar bro... very heng! yup! i sure will! looking forward to filling up water this weekend!

thanks for dropping by!

One of my dream skimmers, heard they fixed the problem with the pump level. It will serve u well bro

thanks for dropping by, bro! Yup! these brands have always been a dream. and it still is a dream! A dream to have a bigger skimmer to fit a bigger tank.

but I'm sure the dreams can be a reality! I sure hope they've ironed out the issues!

Bro Missing so long lah you..Haha Glad That You Are Back...

Wah! Vertex! I Heard Thier skimmers are like Bubble King standard's

Update Bro..Hope to see it filled With Salty Goodness soon!

cheers!

HAHAHA! I know bro!!! I MIA super long dunno go where also... thanks for checking in, bro! Feels great to be working on this project again!

I really hope the salty goodness will live up to the standards of the shifus! hehehe!

Until i start filling up water this weekend, I'm researching on what kind of fishes will be on my wish list!

Maybe... just maybe i can squeeze in a frag tank for zoas? :yahoo:

Welcome back bro! Glad to hear that everything is back in track for you! Anticipating the nice fishies soon :) I use the same skimmer btw! Very good! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woohoo! Yeah! Im definitely very impressed with the build quality and how well it works!

Thanks for the warm welcome and the encouragement!

Really cannot wait to start fish hunting! Backside very itchy...

Okay guys...

Here's my problem... The DI filter i ordered go delayed yet again.. For another week... I buay tahan already... I have to fill my tank this weekend before i have no time...

Should i just use tap water for now? Then spam anticholrine... Or do you guys think i should really wait and risk not touching my tank for a long long time...

Keep in mind its a fowlr so no corals... And i will be getting a phosban and nitrate and carbon reactor in time to come...

• SRC Member

I Think Bro You Better Wait..(Good Things Come To Those Who Wait)As Later On Tap Might..Soak Your LR And Might Cause Leaching Of Silicates/Phosphates Thus Can Be Controlled Later On With Phosban/Biopelet..And RODI Water Will Starve it causing Decline Of Algae..But Since You Tak buay Tahan Haha! Go for it..Fill Water And Anticholorine..But note..Later Will be Harder To fight Off Algae..But You got Biopellets/Rowa/// to Handle..No Prob..Fill Her Up! :)

Cheers To A Awesome Fowlr In The Making!..Have A Feeling you will Switch to Reef Soon :P