Deltec SC1455 won't kick in for new setup

Hi to all reefers, I have just purchased a Deltec SC1455 but after about a week, it did not kick in.

My tank setup is 2.5(L)x2(W)x1.5(H) and I have added NSW from a Pasir Ris fish farm.

I have added both dry rocks and live rock(4 small pcs) and daily been dosing BioProton Marine.

I have a sump with new 7" filter sock , a return pump Jebao DC6000.

Can anyone advice what's wrong or it is normal with using NSW that no kick in at early stage of cycling process?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

Give it some more time ... you have a great skimmer ... the forming is so dense. ..

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

Did you measure the specific gravity of the NSW? Try to use accurate measuring device such as refractometer instead of those swing arm hydrometer which can give very inaccurate readings.

NSW SG level can be very low.. skimmer can't skim properly at low SG.

I am using a Deltec SC2060, it started to kick in 10 mins after power up.

Did you measure the specific gravity of the NSW? Try to use accurate measuring device such as refractometer instead of those swing arm hydrometer which can give very inaccurate readings.

NSW SG level can be very low.. skimmer can't skim properly at low SG.

I am using a Deltec SC2060, it started to kick in 10 mins after power up.

Hmm... When I first got the NSW, the SG is 1.017, now I am adding more salt (Coral Pro) to increase the salinity.

So far it is reading at 1.019.

Should I dump in more lots more salt so I can achieve like 1.023?

• SRC Member

Hmm... When I first got the NSW, the SG is 1.017, now I am adding more salt (Coral Pro) to increase the salinity.

So far it is reading at 1.019.

Should I dump in more lots more salt so I can achieve like 1.023?

1.019?? Thats too low boost to 1.025..since there no livestock yes you can add..but i would advise to premix then add much safer! :)

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member
Thanks ASHWIN will pre mix a very concentrated one to add into the tank. I have purchased a RODI unit from madpetz so that new top up would be better.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No Prob bro..Another Thing See Your Skimmer Manual..And See How Deep It Has to be..So It Might be higher or lower causing..irregular Performance..Try At The Precise Height (Water Level)..:) -Happy Reefing! :)

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

The recommended height is 140 to 240mm, mine was set at 200mm. So don't think is the height of the water level.

Okey Water Level out of the question..Now boost your salt level..:)

• SRC Member

By the way at 1.021 (actual reading) I think it is still producing the same amount of overflow.boost to 1.025..What Are You Using to test?, hydrometers are known to not show accurste Results.Use A Refrectometer..also check your skimmer overflow Is anything blocking.Pump..also..if boosting to 1.025 and still same check skimmer and pump..Are You Adding Anything Liquid to the tank? That can cause the overflow too

Try adjusting the water level in the inner funnel of the skimmer cup to the bottom and slowly fine tune higher. I think the water level/bubble foaming level inside the cup is too high.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Speaking from my experience of skimz sk251 skimmer, lesser air will up the foam level..so open the water output to the max n fine tune the air intake to have a good skim foam..having such a high foaming will b wet skim..new tank might not have thing to skim oso..so if after add livestock still no skim then weird..happy reefing

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

• SRC TOTQ Winner

When dosing bacteria, leave the skimmer off for at least 3 hrs. Check with recommended water level and adjust air intake. As you have not added LS yet, there isn't much to skim anyway.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

Case solved now after simple advice from Bellinayu to adjust air valve. How stupid of me not to try that. But earlier I did but maybe the SG was too low. Now at 1.022, the adjustment of air valve works. Thanking guys and gals for your fast and kind advice.