My underwater fascination.

Wolfyie

I was kinda wondering. Once I confirm the placement of a coral. Is it okay to stick it down permanently with the putty? I mean those with a rock or hard base.

What are ur views?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves - in finding themselves.

Yup, u can bro. not an issue. Epoxy it down is fine. My tip is to use super glue on both side of the epoxy before u stick it down. Else its not gonna hold in place while curing

I Love Stagsss

Eh what kind of super glue? Can coralline algae grow over epoxy? I puttied (not sure if that is a word. Lol) my seafan to a rock but the putty like cracked at certain areas.

It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves - in finding themselves.

• SRC Member

Thanks clementc!! Will contact u soon :).

It's gonna be a pain to remove ashwin. It's like on the rock and inside. Lol. And there is 3. I'll take a look soon and see what I can do about it. Did a quick research and I think it's the Red Sea squirt. Seems to state that it's ok online.

Noted on the suggestions. Went ah beng today. They got some nice zoas and Zenia. But it's brown. :(

Bought an elegance instead and a blue spotted Toby/puffer. Puffer now in nottie corner. Bit my elegance. Think it will have to go into the sum. What a waste :(

Haha Leave it for now..

As for rhe puffer..They Arent Reefsafe..Carefull..Woah nice elegance.yeah its ok to Epoxy/Gum it down..What coral Are You gonna epoxy?..coraline can grow over anything haha..aya Brown Ah?..if you dont mind paying 5-15-30$ got many zoas dealers..i Will PM you..They have freaking awesome colours!..

Cheers!

Night/

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

Haha Leave it for now..

As for rhe puffer..They Arent Reefsafe..Carefull..Woah nice elegance.yeah its ok to Epoxy/Gum it down..What coral Are You gonna epoxy?..coraline can grow over anything haha..aya Brown Ah?..if you dont mind paying 5-15-30$ got many zoas dealers..i Will PM you..They have freaking awesome colours!..

Cheers!

Night/

I don't mind! I just saw one guy Tamama selling some for $5 purple zoas. PM him already.

Got someone selling sunflower. Also pm already.

U know anyone with frogspawn/octo?? I saw nice ones at ah beng. But abit ex. :(

• SRC Member

I don't mind! I just saw one guy Tamama selling some for $5 purple zoas. PM him already.

Got someone selling sunflower. Also pm already. haha il pm you..hmm octo frogspawn hah?..i try source and let you know!

Cheers!

U know anyone with frogspawn/octo?? I saw nice ones at ah beng. But abit ex. :(

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

Yup, u can bro. not an issue. Epoxy it down is fine. My tip is to use super glue on both side of the epoxy before u stick it down. Else its not gonna hold in place while curing

Haiya Bro Tofu..She Is A Sis lah haha

Lol no problem la. Everyone also hi bro me when I ask questions or stuff.

we assumed most reefers are boys and uncles. LOL anyway if you buy zoas please make sure they r pest free.. or else once spread around it will be hard to cure!
Agreed.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Invest in a good coral dip..example coral rx or revive..helps on decreasing outbreaks on pest!

cheers!

• SRC Member

I hear that melafix also can. Is it true?

no no ..Melafix for fish leh..will kill your coral

Went to madpetz and got my revive to dip them babies. Bought 3 new zoas today and dipped them inside.

Lotsa stuff dropped out from them. Worms and some kinda pods. Look like cockroach. Lol

Lol sitting infront of the tank to wait for them to open up.

Elegance is growing like mad.

Posted Image

• SRC Member

Woah When you Say Blooming your not kidding lol.Dont Forget To Feed Your Elegance ..Good That You Bought The DIP..Will Decrease chances of Getting Pest..Also Getting Sixline Wrasse And Yellow Corris Is Good..They Will Look For Pest..

Cheers!

Lol ya lor. And I selected the smallest one when I bought it last weekend!! It must be damn happy. Hope it stays that way when it gets shifted to my tank. Now in a holding tank.

Ouhk will keep a look out. Btw I have an eel on my tank. Will my eel attack them? Snowy seems to be a good boy though. Haven attacked any of my fishes.

• SRC Member

Lol ya lor. And I selected the smallest one when I bought it last weekend!! It must be damn happy. Hope it stays that way when it gets shifted to my tank. Now in a holding tank.

Ouhk will keep a look out. Btw I have an eel on my tank. Will my eel attack them? Snowy seems to be a good boy though. Haven attacked any of my fishes.

Snowy The Snowflake Eel?..Erm..if Hes Fed Well dont think will be a prob.

Cheers!

Posted Image

OMG what's happening?! All my Zenia disappeared and some are turning yellow!