Can i use this fish tank?

• SRC Member

Yes why not Bro.:)

cheers!

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

Cause both of my old tank i use leak water after 2 months, and wonder such simple filter system is good enough for salt water anot..Any thing i should add to this tank? Thank you.

Come to think of It Glass might be to thin..marine is 2.5% more heavier than Freshwater..Why not get a nano tank set for cheap..

for a small tank you can run a Intank skimmer mini one or a Hob

A powerhead for circulation

Lights

This are basic equip

You Need afew more equip..Eg- chiller,testkits etc..dont wanna confuse you now.. :)

cheers!

• Like 1

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

I have seen display saltwater aquariums using similar tank as the one you have. Only concerns might be whether the filter compartment is sufficient and high dutemperature.

1.5' Cube | Overflow Box | 1' Sump with filter sock and 3L bacteria king | Eheim 1000 return pump | BM 3.5 | Sunsun JVP-110 wavemaker | Full spectrum Par38

• SRC Member

So do i need to buy a skimmer?

I Would Say Yes..Small intake skimmer or HOB Skimmers are available in our market Nowdays..

So do i need to buy a skimmer?

Dont have to if u change water regularly. For a tank that small, i did change 10% every 2 days, Small effort required for nano tanks to get good water quality. From the picture, i doubt u can find a nano skimmer that will fit to the back of the filtration system.

I Love Stagsss

How big is the tank? Doesn't seem like you can keep a lot of fishes in it after you put in live rocks. Your old leaking tanks cannot be DIY-fixed?

18" , plan only to keep 3-4 clown fish , 1 yellow goby and a pistol shrimp. Dun think my old tank can be fix,lealking from all sides.. the old tank is about 3-4 years ago,history.. :P

Dont have to if u change water regularly. For a tank that small, i did change 10% every 2 days, Small effort required for nano tanks to get good water quality. From the picture, i doubt u can find a nano skimmer that will fit to the back of the filtration system.

Hmm...ich is my most fear, my old tank was infested by ich, 4 of my clown fish was infected.. so clean water is a must ...

The smallest Nano skimmer that I've seen will not fit in the back of that tank. I would recommend looking at getting a cheap 2nd hand Nano tank. I personally feel if gonna keep any livestock, make sure your filtration or water change regime is sufficient enough to keep them healthy.

I Love Stagsss

Enclosed top might raise temp if without proper ventilation. Our hot season soon.

I face the same challenges before. Come April onwards my tank temp keep going till 31, try all ways to bring down (fan , ice etc...)

• SRC Member

I Agree with bro tofu..getting a another well equiped marine nano setup is good

erm..Weipro?..Or some types of really small boyu skimmers..personally this skimmers dont do good jobs However prestine water quality is hard to achive with those skimmers....

so I Think better to Have the proper setup before jumping into marine

cheers!

The smallest Nano skimmer that I've seen will not fit in the back of that tank. I would recommend looking at getting a cheap 2nd hand Nano tank. I personally feel if gonna keep any livestock, make sure your filtration or water change regime is sufficient enough to keep them healthy.

Been looking at the market place at this forum for nano tank... so far no luck... :dunno:

Enclosed top might raise temp if without proper ventilation. Our hot season soon.

I face the same challenges before. Come April onwards my tank temp keep going till 31, try all ways to bring down (fan , ice etc...)

wow 31 is abit high... what u keep , bro? :thumbsup:

• Like 1