Beginner's diary of saltwater aquarium

wryan

I just converted from freshwater aqua scaping to saltwater reef. So please do guide me!

Tank size 60×35×40 (given)

Chiller: hs 28

Pump: dymax 102

Media: bio home grey, and ceramic rings and etc.

Wave maker: wp25 s3 pulse mode

Light: led light that has 27 blue and 21 white light. Dimmer function and timer.

So, how this started.. It all started because I was looking for a cabinet. However one of my friend found someone giving away a marine tank set.

Was playing around with the rocks given to re scape the tank..

post-23514-14012747502631_thumb.jpg

post-23514-14012747712748_thumb.jpg

post-23514-14012747988312_thumb.jpg

In the end I chose this due to space constrain.post-23514-1401274832223_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum! Great to see a new reefer! Very soon, u will find out how addictive this hobby is :thumbsup:

Just some advice for the scaping. Depending on what you plan to keep, you might not require that many live rocks. My tip will be to have 2 main structure of live rocks. Keep the rocks from touching the glass, and leave some space for at least a toothbrush to scrub algae off the glass.

• Like 1

I Love Stagsss

Have u starting cycling?

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Welcome to the forum! Great to see a new reefer! Very soon, u will find out how addictive this hobby is  :thumbsup: 

Just some advice for the scaping. Depending on what you plan to keep, you might not require that many live rocks. My tip will be to have 2 main structure of live rocks. Keep the rocks from touching the glass, and leave some space for at least a toothbrush to scrub algae off the glass. 

Thanks! I will bare that in mind. I'm thinking of removing the big rock on the right..

IMO, too many rock for a small tank n keep rock away from the 3 glass wall to enable u to clean with ease.

What does imo means? And yeah. I would be doing some shifting later! =)

The shape of your rock scape will also affect what kind of corals u be able to place on it and movement of water thru it and also allowing fishes to roam and had hiding places & own territory in your tank.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

The shape of your rock scape will also affect what kind of corals u be able to place on it and movement of water thru it and also allowing fishes to roam and had hiding places & own territory in your tank.

Do tell me more, like which rock should I remove or change position?

U need to play around with the rocks u hv & remove those that u dun need & choose the scape u like. Of coz u need to shape it by stacking to create caves and crevices and valleys to allow water to flow thru to minimize dead spots.

Welcome to nano reefing! :lol: maybe you can try to flip your picture in your phone before you upload to tapatalk?

And does your tank have a curved front? It looks a little curved

Welcome to nano reefing! :lol: maybe you can try to flip your picture in your phone before you upload to tapatalk?

And does your tank have a curved front? It looks a little curved

Yeah! It is a curved front. Sharp eye!

• SRC Member

Welcome to the super addictive Hobby!

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

Thanks! do guide me along! =)

No Worries Man!..We Will..SRC is the right Place! :)

Cheers!

Rdgs Ash

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

nupusepa.jpg

Current scape. what do you guys think?

This Scape Looks Way better than The Last Pic But IMO new scape can be adjusted abit more..Left side look Bit cramp still..But no worries bro as you progres In the hobby can slowly make changes :)..What's Your Planning on Stocking in Corals?..

Cheers!

This Scape Looks Way better than The Last Pic But IMO new scape can be adjusted abit more..Left side look Bit cramp still..But no worries bro as you progres In the hobby can slowly make changes :)..What's Your Planning on Stocking in Corals?..

Cheers!

Hmm.. I do agree with what you said, but the left side is a huge live rock.. can't do anything about it. I'm planning to keep lps, clams and zoas for the time being.. but I am gonna wait for another week before adding in more corals just to play safe. =) since I'm at it, you guys got any corals to spare? Hehe..

• SRC Member

Hmm.. I do agree with what you said, but the left side is a huge live rock.. can't do anything about it. I'm planning to keep lps, clams and zoas for the time being.. but I am gonna wait for another week before adding in more corals just to play safe. =) since I'm at it, you guys got any corals to spare? Hehe..

if You Happen come JB hit me a PM give you some Freebies..Good selection bro! :)..

Cheers!

Rdgs Ash

• 2 weeks later...

post-23514-14029602782051_thumb.jpg

I added this gorgeous orange yuma along with a few other corals such as pipe organ, green - purple yuma and gonio from a fellow reefer on the 3rd of june, but unfortunately, it melted in less than 3 days for the yuma and others died in 1 week.. I don't know what went wrong.. such a disappointment, however I've already let my tank be as it is and cycle for another 2 weeks.. ammonia and nitrite currently 0.25. Hopefully soon I can add in Corals..