Water parameters for lps tank

SSC

Dear Bros,

May I know what is the recommended parameters(kh, ca, mg and salinity) for lps tank?

if you can provide some links on this topic will be greatly appreciated too.

thank you very much.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I don't have any link My para is as such Kh: 10 Ca: 440 approximate MG never measure Salinity 1.025. When sufficient light is there, my lps expand very big and I had to relocate them. Weekly water change of 10-20% and that's how I maintain. Hope it helps.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • SRC Member
WC once a week for about 5%. LS is minimal. Have not tested for nitrate. Can you recommend a test kit? and how do I lower it? Thanks again
Would suggest a much higher percentage of WC initially if your tank is newly cycled. Say 20%, it will help to reduce the nitrate greatly. As you mentioned minimal LS, maybe can then slowly reduce the WC percentage to your intended 5%. Test kit wise, most would choose to use the brand salifert. Myself I'm using a mixture of API and saliferts. If you do 20% WC, I think most likely you also does not need to do much testing for the 3 main parameters, taking care of nitrate will do. By the way what LS are you having and what's the size of the tank?

Shadow Walkers's 4 ft Shallow Reef Chronicles

4 Ft - 120.35.35

3 Ft Sump

Skimmer: Bubble Magus NAC7

Chiller: Hailea 1/4 HS66A

Lights: T5 4 tubes ATI + Maxspect Glaive Led

Refugium with Liverocks and Cheato and lots of pods

Refugium light: Par38 Full spectrum

Return pump: Hailea HX6540..stupid pump so noisy

Wavemaker: Maxspect Gyre 130

thanks all for sharing.

i had a second hand 6 footer so 20% WC is very difficult. I had reduced the skimmer to only 12 hours daily as its too noisy especially in the silence of the night. Maybe this has caused the deterioration of water.

• SRC Member

Actually can skimmer if really wanted to. Skimmer's job is only to lessen the job duties of your "bacterial" so you gotta make sure you have plenty of live rock and sand both in your DT and sump and also complement with algae scrubber. By the way 20% WC of a six footer is no fun at all, cost of salt and RODI will not be cheap. Have you looked into the feasibility of running triton? Hehe

Shadow Walkers's 4 ft Shallow Reef Chronicles

4 Ft - 120.35.35

3 Ft Sump

Skimmer: Bubble Magus NAC7

Chiller: Hailea 1/4 HS66A

Lights: T5 4 tubes ATI + Maxspect Glaive Led

Refugium with Liverocks and Cheato and lots of pods

Refugium light: Par38 Full spectrum

Return pump: Hailea HX6540..stupid pump so noisy

Wavemaker: Maxspect Gyre 130

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...