Light setting for AI

Harlequinmania

• SRC Supporter

I am starting this thread for all AI user to share their AI light setting, as i believe it would make it easily and useful for reefer to refer to, and adjust according to their tank need reducing the time to setup their lighting.

Below is my setting for Hydra 52 , Hydra

White : 65 %

Blue : 80 %

RB: 80%

DB : 80 %

Red: 30 %

Green : 30%

Violet : 30 %

UV : 20 %

Light is abut 18" above water level, and tank height is 18" . Ramp time 4 hour ( 11.30 - 3.30 pm ). Mostly SPS corals.

Me using Vega for nearly a year. Tested all color at 50%, 70% & 100% for each 2 weeks ... I can see the sps color different in the different % & 100% have the most solid color for all kind of sps but just except the green because turn off green for 4 weeks never feel any different on all my sps but reduce to 70% or 50% of either any of the 5 color for 2 weeks will have very little fading on color ... so I'm running 100% for all the led hanging 10" above water level just only some sps slightly bleach at the beginning ie: birdnest, pocci etc but the solid color will come back after a few weeks when start grow ... off cause I can run at 100% without burning my sps due to my super high nutrient condition ... :P

• 1 month later...

does you guys run the weather or manual ?

bro larry, mind if you could export the setting for me ?

i still don't know how to use the nite and day setting if i were to off the weather control.

hope you could shed some light.

thanks in advanced .

jowen

jowenteo@gmail.com

• SRC Member

For the weather, you can choose to follow SG sunrise/sunset timing or follow only the weather of SG or the combination of both. For moon light to function, choose a colour led (deep blue) and set it to minimum 5%. I'm using hydra52 now, no set moon light.

• SRC Supporter

does you guys run the weather or manual ?

bro larry, mind if you could export the setting for me ?

i still don't know how to use the nite and day setting if i were to off the weather control.

hope you could shed some light.

thanks in advanced .

Ok I will try to do it over this weekend. The weather function is not 100% necessary just fun to have .

• SRC Supporter

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1409851368848.jpg

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1409851426743.jpg

is my setting Ok?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Are you using Vega, hydra or the 52 ? If you are using 52, do be careful of the white as too much can bleach the coral in my own experience. It is advisable to increase slowly by 5% every month to let the coral acclimate the setting . But again, it depend on each tank condition , height ect.. Best is observe the coral reaction and slowly adjust upward

• SRC Member

Are you using Vega, hydra or the 52 ? If you are using 52, do be careful of the white as too much can bleach the coral in my own experience. It is advisable to increase slowly by 5% every month to let the coral acclimate the setting . But again, it depend on each tank condition , height ect.. Best is observe the coral reaction and slowly adjust upward

Bro. . I'm using vega... Noted on your points.. Please advice of anything else to take note. .

Dear All,

Just collected my AI Hydra 52 today.

Using one set for 2.5 ft x 2.5 ft x 2 ft tank.

Can share more about the settings for lps versus sps and also what is ramp time?

Main Tank: 93 Gallon Cube Tank
Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455, Skimz Mini SN143
Chiller: Arctica DBA-075
Lightings: AI Hydra 52 x 02
Wavemaker: Vortech mp-40 x 02, Tunze 6020
Dosing Pump: Jebao with Grotech ABC,123 & Mag
Return Pump: Deltec H20cean 5000
Reactor: Biopellets with FR & Deltec H20cean 2000

FR: Skimz BR80

Supplements: Seachem Reef Builder, Seachem Calcium, Seachem Magnesium, Seachem Kalkwassar, Seachem Iodine

ramp time should be the interval for the light to reach the max for your day setting and decrease to the night setting .

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk 4

Thanks Buddy!

Supplements: Seachem Reef Builder, Seachem Calcium, Seachem Magnesium, Seachem Kalkwassar, Seachem Iodine

• SRC Supporter

Dear All,

Just collected my AI Hydra 52 today.

Using one set for 2.5 ft x 2.5 ft x 2 ft tank.

Can share more about the settings for lps versus sps and also what is ramp time?

Ramp time mean the amount of time you want the light to blast your coral at full force

Ramp time mean the amount of time you want the light to blast your coral at full force
Thanks for the clarification . another question .. How long do you set your Hydra for daily including ramp time.

• SRC Supporter

Thanks for the clarification . another question .. How long do you set your Hydra for daily including ramp time.

It depend, I started with 3 hour and increase to 4 .

• SRC Supporter

Can I check how to favour white on sun rise n blue on sunset. .. Please advice. Thanks

i think this can only be done if you use the AI director for control.