customise tank

• SRC Member

anyone able to tell me where can i get a customise tank of either

2ft by 2 ft by 2ft

and a

3ft by 2ft by 2ft (must be at least 10mm thick)

the price of it if possible :)

thank you

woonming

:thanks:

do u think there is much different between a 3ft and a 4ft sorry if it sound silly.

also erm by drilling a hole for an internal flow system ? will the hole affect the tank in time (i heard it will) so external over will be better?

anyone tried keeping a 3ft tank without using MH light?

as i think when u use MH light a chiller is a must :(

• SRC Member

2ft by 2 ft by 2ft

and a

thank you

woonming

do u think there is much different between a 3ft and a 4ft sorry if it sound silly.

also erm by drilling a hole for an internal flow system ? will the hole affect the tank in time (i heard it will) so external over will be better?

I got my first tank at Pacific Marine, that time they were in Tampines (now in Lor Halus liaoz). That was a 3x2x2½ which cost $900.

Of course there are dfferences. Firstly, the size are different (talk ######) :lol: .Secondly a bigger tank is easier to maintain as it is more tolerance to parameter change. Thirdly, bigger tank give you more design space.

erm ......... for me, it is always through a sump tank, ever see my friend using external fliter which gives him headache. Summore i feel that external filter is more difficult to maintain as you cannot see whats in there unless you open it up and see. :unsure:

The 3ft tank that I use to have work on 3 2½ ft florescene tube and goes wihtout a chiller (only a clip fan blow the water S/F). Having no probelm with these except that the water evaporate real fast.

post-6-1043693994.jpg

dino07.gif

• SRC Member

Well, go get your tank from those tank makers at Industrial parks. Much cheaper. Got my 2.5 feet at 8mm all round (with a 6mm internal "pump chamber" which i designed to keep sand out of the pump - cos my sump is higher than my main tank...) + sump/refugium 6mm all round all for $160! No cabinet lah of course. IMO, external overflow is the way to go!

Rumour's contact. Good tank job... express service without having to rush him! He calls me like in 2 days for collection!

• SRC Member
Hi Dinosaur,

I noticed u had the sun coral and blue sponge directly under the lights. I was told they had to be shielded from strong lights - I had my sun coral in the shadows - am I doin it right or slowly killing the little fellow?

that was the setup two yrs ago. I have learnt since then ..... :D

dino07.gif

• 8 months later...
Well, go get your tank from those tank makers at Industrial parks. Much cheaper. Got my 2.5 feet at 8mm all round (with a 6mm internal "pump chamber" which i designed to keep sand out of the pump - cos my sump is higher than my main tank...) + sump/refugium 6mm all round all for $160! No cabinet lah of course. IMO, external overflow is the way to go!

Rumour's contact. Good tank job... express service without having to rush him! He calls me like in 2 days for collection!

care to share where you got yours done? thanks (=

2ft by 2 ft by 2ft

and a

thank you

woonming

jus recently got my new tank, 3ft x 17" x 2ft (LxBxH) 10mm all round including base for $150 .price include delievery. the tank came with internal overflow with the outlet drill on the side.. i had it custom made,u can pm me for his contact.

• SRC Member

2ft by 2 ft by 2ft

and a

thank you

woonming

hi,

can call this guy, chee meng. 90267582. He custom made a 8 ft cabinet with a 3.5 ft tank for less than $800(during recent bad times) for me. U can design your own.

If u want a cheaper one. wait for november. WHO warns that SARS will be back then. But i really hope it will not come to Sinagpore. We have so much to loss..... :(

jus recently got my new tank, 3ft x 17" x 2ft (LxBxH) 10mm all round including base for $150 .price include delievery. the tank came with internal overflow with the outlet drill on the side.. i had it custom made,u can pm me for his contact.

any can PM contact for good lobang for reasonable tanks..

not for me.. but for a colleague.

Looking at 3 or 4ft, but these tank makers do cabinet or not?