Rumor's Yashia & Alpheus randalli

KingFish

Oh yes Rumor..the website showed the difference between yashias from different localities. Those from Indian Ocean tend to be more blotted in appearance. Check out the yashia at the top of the page...from Japan waters...almost full complete stripes! :yeah:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
These are as good a picture I can get, I spend about an hour crouching over the camera like a wildlife photographer to catch this elusive pair in action. Well, its worth it :)

That's all for the moment folks, be back with better quality pictures soon.

Ciao

well done... very nice... the pic sure worth the 1 hr wait...hehhe :)

In the second last picture, one can see that one of the Yashia's fin is almost at the shrimp, possibly warning of the approaching tankmates.

Just noticed that the Yashia is more acclimitised with people walking by the tank, it retreats instead of darting in.

Above the rock you see, the pair maintains a second opening, perhaps a route of escape, just the rabbits.

Fascinating creatures they are, and observing the pair's behaviour can keep me glued to the tank :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys

First thing I did was to leave the camera on tripod pointing straight at their burrow entrance. It took them a while, but figured that it is harmless.

After that, its just waiting for the right moment, then creep slowly up to snap them ;) Camera is on autofocus.

Gobies are relatively hardy, but I can't stress enough that they are generally peaceful and require an aggression-free tank environment to see them in most natural behaviour

No fad cookie, just being original, everyone else is nuts over tangs and sps :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Wah...before your wedding bells would be up and you are on your way to be Father Goby liao... :lol::lol::lol:

Nice shots...you must remember to keep those pics in a journal or something. One fine day, someone out there will knock on your door and ask you for some writeup... :lol::)

• SRC Member
No fad cookie, just being original, everyone else is nuts over tangs and sps :P

at least u got me into gobies...

went to CF today.. still cant decided if i should get the Yashia... left 4pcs :evil: