Beautiful DRY ROCKS! In Singapore?

Just to check with all reefer out there, where got sell nice DRY ROCKS? I understand Iwarna carries the aquaroche range, but where else got carry rocks like the ones in the link beneath. Or any good substitue also can... I love how porous they look, plenty of nooks, crevices, caves, etc...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kiJ5bcHvr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF24xtQ8_nY

• SRC Member

Hello, I can't view the video.

Shadow Walkers's 4 ft Shallow Reef Chronicles

4 Ft - 120.35.35

3 Ft Sump

Skimmer: Bubble Magus NAC7

Chiller: Hailea 1/4 HS66A

Lights: T5 4 tubes ATI + Maxspect Glaive Led

Refugium with Liverocks and Cheato and lots of pods

Refugium light: Par38 Full spectrum

Return pump: Hailea HX6540..stupid pump so noisy

Wavemaker: Maxspect Gyre 130

Oh..... Silly me.... hahaha. He said 'Live Rock from Caribsea', still thought its the real 'Live Rock' we always talk about. Thanks for highlighting bro.

I think Caribssa LR are cultivated to be pest free.

Hi bro, the rocks ain't actually cultivated. But more like painting a piece of calcium carbonate dry rock and than giving it a spot bacteria.

It is definitely a very good alternative compared to getting live rocks, killing it, than bleaching, soaking, cooking etc etc to get it clean. U are basically starting off with the end stage of what most people do to liverocks for a new tank, but save on the hassle of the curing process.

Up till now, we didn't have the luxury like reefers in the US who were able to get pukani dry rocks or marco reef rocks. The recent aquaroche and now the caribsea Life rocks are the newer options for us.

Heres a better understanding.

I Love Stagsss

I think Caribssa LR are cultivated to be pest free.

You're talking about real Live Rock now, or the Dry Rock called 'Caribsea Life Rock'? Lolx... confusing suddenly. If its the latter... confirm pest free bro. But if its not... there is no such thing as pest free for real live rock. Super Duper Rare!

Hi bro, the rocks ain't actually cultivated. But more like painting a piece of calcium carbonate dry rock and than giving it a spot bacteria. Heres a better understanding.

It is definitely a very good alternative compared to getting live rocks, killing it, than bleaching, soaking, cooking etc etc to get it clean. U are basically starting off with the end stage of what most people do to liverocks for a new tank, but save on the hassle of the curing process.

Up till now, we didn't have the luxury like reefers in the US who were able to get pukani dry rocks or marco reef rocks. The recent aquaroche and now the caribsea Life rocks are the newer options for us.

Yea man... If only we have options for the Pukani or Reef Saver Rocks. It really looks so awesome from the video. Majiam no need think so hard can easily scape... That guy in the video did it in 5 min, I'm sure most people can come up with something nice in half hour lor...

Razali, *hint*hint* bro... hahaha

• 2 weeks later...

Dry rocks are pretty hard to find these days.

If pest is a concern, one of the very option is to look for dry rocks from reefers or used life rocks then soak them in tap water before letting them out to dry.

This ensures that at least u are still adding rocks with bacteria cultivating properties into the tank.

Else.. Those mentioned above also have bacteria cultivating properties but they are on the expansive side.

If u have bacteria cultivating media already, then u can look at artificial rocks that are not made to mimic the porous nature of real rocks. Nanyang Seaview have some of these in a few "template" shapes. Quite cheap too.

• SRC Member
Dry rocks are pretty hard to find these days. If pest is a concern, one of the very option is to look for dry rocks from reefers or used life rocks then soak them in tap water before letting them out to dry. This ensures that at least u are still adding rocks with bacteria cultivating properties into the tank. Else.. Those mentioned above also have bacteria cultivating properties but they are on the expansive side. If u have bacteria cultivating media already, then u can look at artificial rocks that are not made to mimic the porous nature of real rocks. Nanyang Seaview have some of these in a few "template" shapes. Quite cheap too.
Better to soak in rodi water to prevent phosphate leach in the future. Buying LR from fellow reefers decomming will probably be safer than those from LFS.