star fish

PowderTang

Hi PowderTang, the starfish have been with me for a week and 2 days. Still doing as well as before though there was once or twice I thought the body felt very soft and limp rather than the usual hard and solid.

Kinda think it's the temperature causing this to happen. During the time he was limp and soft, the temperature was around 30. The cooling weather these days have helped to bring the temperature down to 25-26.

• SRC Member

Why not the green brittle star ?How to check whether star fish is dying?

Green brittle is call serpent stars . Prey on fishes.i suggest dun buy hehhe.

Try again , probably the specimen u got is unhealthy to begin with .

PowderTang,

It's been 2 weeks since the starfish was added to the tank. So far so good, even times where I notice it in weird tight corners, somehow the next moment it would be somewhere else looking healthy as before.

Temperature have been constant between 25-26 degrees. Ammonia and Nitrite zero. Nitrate is 5-10. Ph at 8.2.

Have not tested any other parameters. Let me know if u need any in specific so I can go measure it.

Haha mine is moving everywhere. Even got itself through the IOS overflow and into my reactor chamber. Gosh!

Hmm... Got to make sure it is visually in tact and looks "hard" instead of "mushy".

There's once I got a shock when I picked it up and it felt so soft (like fish body). But now it's hard again. My guess is the tank's temperature causing it to lose its hardness