Skunk cleaner shimp

Bro.. For all livestocks, including anemone, u got to slowly add ur tank water into the bag that u got ur fish in from the fish shop.

This is usually a 1-2 hour long process where u can either use a drip to drop ur tank water into the bag drip by drip or u can do what I do by adding a tiny bit of tank water (I use a syringe to add 1-2ml) into the bag every 5-10mins.

The aim is to ensure that the fish is used to the water that is in your tank. Usually I prefer to be safe then sorry. So the longer this dripping process, the better.

Once done, do not just pour out the entire bag into your main tank. Use a net to catch the fish out and add it into the tank. Sometimes the water that came from the fish shop might contain some nasty things bag you may not want. So again.. Better safe than Sorry.

• SRC Member

Bro.. For all livestocks, including anemone, u got to slowly add ur tank water into the bag that u got ur fish in from the fish shop.

This is usually a 1-2 hour long process where u can either use a drip to drop ur tank water into the bag drip by drip or u can do what I do by adding a tiny bit of tank water (I use a syringe to add 1-2ml) into the bag every 5-10mins.

The aim is to ensure that the fish is used to the water that is in your tank. Usually I prefer to be safe then sorry. So the longer this dripping process, the better.

Once done, do not just pour out the entire bag into your main tank. Use a net to catch the fish out and add it into the tank. Sometimes the water that came from the fish shop might contain some nasty things bag you may not want. So again.. Better safe than Sorry.

Yes i did everything .

• SRC Member
Bro.. For all livestocks, including anemone, u got to slowly add ur tank water into the bag that u got ur fish in from the fish shop. This is usually a 1-2 hour long process where u can either use a drip to drop ur tank water into the bag drip by drip or u can do what I do by adding a tiny bit of tank water (I use a syringe to add 1-2ml) into the bag every 5-10mins. The aim is to ensure that the fish is used to the water that is in your tank. Usually I prefer to be safe then sorry. So the longer this dripping process, the better. Once done, do not just pour out the entire bag into your main tank. Use a net to catch the fish out and add it into the tank. Sometimes the water that came from the fish shop might contain some nasty things bag you may not want. So again.. Better safe than Sorry.
Bro I like your attitude towards treating ls, cos we are dealing with a live here. :)

Shadow Walkers's 4 ft Shallow Reef Chronicles

4 Ft - 120.35.35

3 Ft Sump

Skimmer: Bubble Magus NAC7

Chiller: Hailea 1/4 HS66A

Lights: T5 4 tubes ATI + Maxspect Glaive Led

Refugium with Liverocks and Cheato and lots of pods

Refugium light: Par38 Full spectrum

Return pump: Hailea HX6540..stupid pump so noisy

Wavemaker: Maxspect Gyre 130

• SRC Member
Pow: Well i did acclimatize it after the proceedure that u mention.
Bro, could it be your temperature in the tank too high? Did you check the other parameters as well?

4 Ft - 120.35.35

3 Ft Sump

Bro I like your attitude towards treating ls, cos we are dealing with a live here. :)

Even then, there still will be mishaps that can't be help. Like diseases or stress from transportation. One of my new clowns recently passed on and it touched a raw nerve in me because he knew he was going and even managed to find himself a really quite and dark resting spot in my tank. Took me half an hour and a torch light to locate him. After that, could see that his buddy was feeling upset too (not eating well, swimming slower then normal) despite just have 3 days together.

On a happier note, I love how my fishes would immediately explore the tank and in the case of my new Mandarin last night, starting feeding on pods the moment it entered the new tank.

Shadow walker: well parameter that so is normal nt the NO3 is high 80ppi

80 is really high. 50 is usually the limit we set and 5-10 is good.

If your tank is relatively small, try to do 10% water change daily and 50% water change at the end of the week. This will help to reduce your NO3.

How I will do this is to mix a big Pail of water enough for a week's worth of 10% water change. This will reduce the need to keep mixing water everyday. But remember to stir before scooping the water out.

• SRC Member
Even then, there still will be mishaps that can't be help. Like diseases or stress from transportation. One of my new clowns recently passed on and it touched a raw nerve in me because he knew he was going and even managed to find himself a really quite and dark resting spot in my tank. Took me half an hour and a torch light to locate him. After that, could see that his buddy was feeling upset too (not eating well, swimming slower then normal) despite just have 3 days together. On a happier note, I love how my fishes would immediately explore the tank and in the case of my new Mandarin last night, starting feeding on pods the moment it entered the new tank.
Yea bro, have read yr thread. Sorry for yr loss

4 Ft - 120.35.35

3 Ft Sump

• SRC Member
80ppm of nitrate sounds too high for a shrimp
80ppm of nitrate is ok and normal but only in freshwater. Over here onthe saltier side, people makes noise even when it's over 20ppm lol. Bro guess you got to tackle this problem first before further adding any other livestock. Happy reefing!

4 Ft - 120.35.35

3 Ft Sump

• SRC Member

Hmm maybe I've not been clear but even 80ppm for a crs/RCS shrimp tank is too high. Besides, inverts are generally more sensitive to nitrate levels than fishes. So by sticking to the standard 1-2 hours acclimatization may be too fast for a shrimp if the main tank has a high nitrate level. In short, the rate of increase in concentration of nitrate might be much faster than usual. But this presupposes that nitrates was an issue, of which, may or may not be the case.