My fire goby died the next day

Kuchiki

I dont get it. It was fine the previous day after i acclimatise it and it was alive for the whole day. Next morning I woke up and it was dead. I only had 1 clownfish in there and recently added 1 more clownfish, 1 clam, 2 cleaner shrimp, 3 narcisist and 3 turbo snails. The rest are all alive. Water parameters show no nitrate, no ammonia, just some nitrate, within the safe level.

It can die one day after being acclimatised?? I am now worried about putting a small blue tang in. I am using a fluval edge 6 gallon tank. The lights are on all the time but the sides dont receive much light and there are hiding places.

I have a dymax iq3 skimmer and small wavemaker in there

I don't know why your fire goby died because that happened to me too. But in any case, have a blue tang (even a small one) in a 6 gallon tank doesn't sound like a good idea.

hmmm i used to keep a 6 foot tank but it is too big for me. I ended up putting a small 6 gallon on my table and i just enjoy it more as i see it whenever i sit on the table using my computer. The thing is i cant put a very big tank on a table.

My tank is a fluval edge 6 gallon and is rectangular, so, the tang can swim some but i probably gotta sell it in 1-2 years once it grows bigger.

Saw this on youtube, the yellow tang seems ok

Blue tang grows big really fast. It gets from 1/2 inch (if u manage to get those really sma ones) to 1 inch within a month or less. And they will continue growing at that speed and by the time they reach 2 inches U really need to sell it away.

Hmm.. As for ur fire goby, is it feeding?

Blue tang grows big really fast. It gets from 1/2 inch (if u manage to get those really sma ones) to 1 inch within a month or less. And they will continue growing at that speed and by the time they reach 2 inches U really need to sell it away.

Hmm.. As for ur fire goby, is it feeding?

Wah, u sure that fast ... i been wantin one .... I read they lived for many years...

Anyways will still try one super small one that hopefully doesnt grow so fast lol.

No, the fire goby juz hide alot yesterday, dead today. I assume that was normal for a new fish..

• SRC Member

I often advice people not to keep any sort of tang if tank is smaller than 4ft. however it's OK to get a small one if u have a smaller tank.. But to keep a blue tang (no matter how small) inside a 6 gallon tank is pure cruelty. I know you wanna try it out but the truth is, there is no try in this.. Its a big no no for sure and tangs are alot More sensitive compared to fire fish too, not forgetting those tiny blue tangs are only for professionals to try due to how fragile they are.

No hard feelings, we've all been through this. I have a 3ft tank and I want to add a yellow tang but I know it's too small for it and I have no choice but to resist my temptation. They grow way too fast then you will ever expected.

Hopefully you think more about what I said. Cheers

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

I'm not encouraging u. But if u want a super small one, AM often bring in tiny ones of that size. They currently still have those 1 inch ones.

Got to be careful when adding. Noticed that u already have a yellow tang and that may cause some trouble.

That is nt my tank lol. I wish though

I often advice people not to keep any sort of tang if tank is smaller than 4ft. however it's OK to get a small one if u have a smaller tank.. But to keep a blue tang (no matter how small) inside a 6 gallon tank is pure cruelty. I know you wanna try it out but the truth is, there is no try in this.. Its a big no no for sure and tangs are alot More sensitive compared to fire fish too, not forgetting those tiny blue tangs are only for professionals to try due to how fragile they are.

No hard feelings, we've all been through this. I have a 3ft tank and I want to add a yellow tang but I know it's too small for it and I have no choice but to resist my temptation. They grow way too fast then you will ever expected.

Hopefully you think more about what I said. Cheers

hmm noted will consider