H & S skimmer

marinereef

• SRC Member

Hi...

I just bought a H & S skimmer yesterday and it is running a day already but no stuffs skimming out.The bubbles always stay on the neck of the collection cup....never see any foaming going up to the collection cup....why?

Can any H & S user advise how to tune up ?

Help will be appreciated.

:bow::bow::bow:

• SRC Member
really..????

But the boss says there is no break in time needed.

Actually it skim once only...and no skimming until now.

How much you skim depends on your bioload. If you have zero fish, don;t feed anything and change 20% water every week...........what's there to skim? Water level need to be at least 6inch, best 7inch and play around with the output funnel, test lose it 25% 50% 75% and leave it there for 12~24hrs and see the result. Different tank, sump wil require different tuning.

Max

• SRC Member
Maybe bio load is not that high....got abt 8 fishes in my 3 ft tank and some coral with 2 giant clams.....haha means that my water quailty is good.

My water level is abt 11inch....is it too high?

if your water is so high, you should get skimming result without closing your output pipe!!!! Make sure your water to bubble foaming level is in level or slightly higher than Cup attachment line at skimmer funnel. -> this works for low-bioload tanks

I advise you take your the whole cup, wash it with strong soap, clean it dry and put it back. 100% skim better.

Max

• SRC Member
Hi...

I just bought a H & S skimmer yesterday and it is running a day already but no stuffs skimming out.The bubbles always stay on the neck of the collection cup....never see any foaming going up to the collection cup....why?

hey bro, how much did u buy your H&S at??wat kinda pump is it running on??1 or 2 pumps??

• SRC Member
Hi...

hey bro, how much did u buy your H&S at??wat kinda pump is it running on??1 or 2 pumps??got pic to show how it looks like??

• SRC Member

dude,

i'm using H&S too,

my bubbles level is a little higher than yours...

but that is also dependant on yourself, adjust it till you get nice skimmate.

it took abt 5days before the dark skimmate started to form,

before that...nothing.

as for the sump level, it should not be high to the extent

that it blocks the output of the skimmer.

i had some fine bubbles too, but thay also disappeared after a

while.

you can play around with the air intake too, that will also control

the micro bubbles, but IMO..its best left entirely open ;)

good luck on your tweaking.

p.s. ITS A DAMN GOOD SKIMMER :D

• SRC Member
the water level need to be higher....too low... ;)

My water outlet is 50% open and now is skimming good due to rock rescaping.....hehehe.

I think shld be ok now at least can see the effect.I shd say it is a very good skimmer and very happy with it.

:)

Hi fellow reefers

1. Anyone encounter this problem with H & S Skimmer - Overflowing and lots and lots of micro bubbles flowing out from the outlet pipe after water changed and cleaning of skimmer?

2. The skimmer just gone crazy and unable to tune or control. Could it be Nutrafin water conditioner that i used? :nuke:

3. It about 9hrs since the water changed and situation still the same.

Anyone who have such experienced kindly advise.

Thks!