Xiggie's 25% tank

xiggie

Some updates , decomed my mangrove plants and added another scrubber ,

So main filtration are 2 floating scrubbers (DIY) and a skimmer.

The scrubbers are doing great and require weekly harvest , having 2 scrubbers makes it better cos I can clean one while still have enough algae in the other to maintain the tanks loads.

post-1415-0-03366000-1423198388_thumb.jp

post-1415-0-26106000-1423198399_thumb.jp

post-1415-0-51668500-1423198414_thumb.jp

post-1415-0-08342200-1423198428_thumb.jp

Stairway to Heaven

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool.. Nice scrubber! Is it diff to setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite easy actually , u need a screen , water to flow over it , and a light source. Water flow by using pump, air bubble or even direct from overflow pipe.

Stairway to Heaven

About the scrubbers , I have done all 3 scrubbers type and the last one a floating one is still running and I'm monitoring the effectiveness and it's pros and cons as well.

I've done a waterfall scrubber , decomed it due to salt spray and extra powerhead used.

The upflow scrubber , great working gadget ,needs only an air pump but hair algae grows on the glass , difficult to remove and get algae sucked into the DT.

Current one the floating scrubber , so far is the best one I guess ,harvesting just require me to lift up the light box and grabbing handful of algae , don't need to remove the whole box. As for the current design still has flaws cos the light rays still illuminate the whole sump and I'm getting some algae growth on the sump baffle plate and glass minimal so far so not a big problem.

I would suggest anyone who's starting a scrubber to go to santamonica algae scrubber forum and study a bit about the design and which will suit your tank best..

Stairway to Heaven

• 2 weeks later...

Nice

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.