My 6 months old iTank

haroldfock

This is my 6 months old tank. Thanks to the participants on this forum, my tank is going well. I had my share of mistakes and wrong purchases.

3 Tunze Comlink filters, 1 Innovative Reactor (just got it today), Arctica chiller, UV light - I think it is an overkill for such a small 1.5 feet tank.

2 yellow belly damsel, 1 blue tang, 1 yellow tank, 2 red fire shrimps, 2 cleaner shrimps, 2 anemone, 2 clown fishes, 1 anemone crab, 2 stowaway hairy crab, 4 bumblebee snails, 4 turbo snails. That's about it.

post-22977-0-25167900-1425632409_thumb.j

Looks gd, keep the updates coming...

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Thanks all for the encouragement. I need some red in the iTank. Part of good fengshui (whatever excuse) and part asthetics because there is no red. The red wrasse somehow slided into the Tunze filter (which I thought was impregnatable) and became minced fish meat. I had two black domino damsels but they turned aggressive and attacked anything you put in. So those were gone. The two yellow belly damsels always hide. So there is little front view activity. Any recommendation for some red fishes that do not hide too much? Thank you all!

Thanks for the advice. I just got a flame angel, a dottyback and a clam at LCK yesterday, Thanks Ericmz! Will hunt for the red bamboo, boyington.

I have re-arranged the reefscape. The whole purpose is to try to get the anemone to be in front. Been trying for weeks :-) I know the anemone finds its own comfort zone but if I can tweak it such that it is in front, will be nice

post-22977-0-07229900-1425874694_thumb.j

Dear All thank you for the nice comments and feedback.

1. The light is is MicMol LED light that looks exactly like the Apple Mini. And it has a look-alike Montblanc logo. China product :-)

http://www.micmol.com/

I got it from Sani and it is wonderful.

2. The plate is in the middle. But there is a large anemone in the picture but it is not really clear. I have another small anemone at the side. The clowns have simbiote with the anemone.

3. I wish I can cut slits to the Ikea drawer so that I can slot the entire chiller underneath the tank. I dont have a sump. So the design is far from elegant. All I need is to get some electric saw to saw a big hole at the back and the chiller will have an outlet. You cant call this an iTank when there are so many wires and tubes :-)

post-22977-0-58917500-1426044283_thumb.j

post-22977-0-67540900-1426044329_thumb.j

post-22977-0-73532200-1426044350_thumb.j

• 2 months later...

Hi Chew,

You can access the Market Place forum in SG Reef. There are many hobbyists selling their products and you can get a good bargain. And the local fish shops are very helpful too.

Hi bro just want to check with you.as for lights which is better DE Lighting T5 or Maxspect 160W LED?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

This is my 6 months old tank. Thanks to the participants on this forum, my tank is going well. I had my share of mistakes and wrong purchases.

3 Tunze Comlink filters, 1 Innovative Reactor (just got it today), Arctica chiller, UV light - I think it is an overkill for such a small 1.5 feet tank.

2 yellow belly damsel, 1 blue tang, 1 yellow tank, 2 red fire shrimps, 2 cleaner shrimps, 2 anemone, 2 clown fishes, 1 anemone crab, 2 stowaway hairy crab, 4 bumblebee snails, 4 turbo snails. That's about it.

can pm me what brand is the LED light & price. Thanks.

DT 4X2X2 - 12mm

Sump - 3.5X1.5X1.5 6mm