Ohf ?

You can also use an overflow box. Not necessarily need to drill hole in main tank

Hi Bro , is there 6ft over flow box in the market ?

Bro, OHF might be good as mechanical filtering (with help of skimmer) but you still need to figure out what to do with your bio filter and chemical filtration.

Dont need to listen 100% to what other say, there are nice tank using sump, but there are equally (if not more) many tanks (with sump) that are brown + white... so key point is know what you are doing.

Bro, OHF might be good as mechanical filtering (with help of skimmer) but you still need to figure out what to do with your bio filter and chemical filtration.

Dont need to listen 100% to what other say, there are nice tank using sump, but there are equally (if not more) many tanks (with sump) that are brown + white... so key point is know what you are doing.

Understand where your coming from but if its a 2 ft tank i got no issue trying out but its a 6ft tank its gonna be a mess if i screw things up ..

Standard size for overflow box. Its the size of the drainage which determines how much flowrate of pump you need as return

Correct me if I'm wrong .

when you all say overflow box , are we talking about IOS tank?

• SRC Supporter

Hi Bro , is there 6ft over flow box in the market ?

Your tank is 6 x 2.5 x 1.5ft = 134 gallon = 510L correct?

There is a Skimz overflow box that supports this volume. http://skimz.sg/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=74

It won't fit if you have any form of bracing at the top of the tank.

I'm using this for my 3 feet but using only 1 of the drain pipes (comes with 2).

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

Understand where your coming from but if its a 2 ft tank i got no issue trying out but its a 6ft tank its gonna be a mess if i screw things up ..

yo bro. Let me summarise the three main types of filtration holders for marine tank:

1) Sump

2) IOS

3) Canister

In your case, 1) is out, so left only 2) and 3). if you want IOS and dont mind scarifying some of your in tank space, you can go customize a IOS.

the last option is canister, which I dont think I need to explain more into it

Your tank is 6 x 2.5 x 1.5ft = 134 gallon = 510L correct?

There is a Skimz overflow box that supports this volume. http://skimz.sg/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=74

It won't fit if you have any form of bracing at the top of the tank.

I'm using this for my 3 feet but using only 1 of the drain pipes (comes with 2).

My Tank is 6ft length 2ft width 1.5ft height

My Tank Fully bracing with 12mm glass :(

• SRC Member

feeling shameful myself :(

Sorry bro

If u know how to diy pipings, google diy overflow pipe.

Seriously if u want to come into this hobby, make sure your tank is set up the right way. A sump tank will save u alot of problem in the future.

• Like 1

If u know how to diy pipings, google diy overflow pipe.

Seriously if u want to come into this hobby, make sure your tank is set up the right way. A sump tank will save u alot of problem in the future.

Okay will consider about that .

perhaps getting a smaller tank instead of 6ft ....

I'm actually looking into keeping clowns and would like to breed them in the future .

whats the best tank you would recommend

4 x 2 x 2 for comm clowns of the spawn .

and maybe 1 2ft x1 ft spawn tank

another 2 x 2 x 2 for rearing the fry ?

• SRC Member

Bro , I was a OHF user for my 5ft arowana tank . Convert to marine . Really really cannot ah . I call aquarium artist to modify , drill and make a sump . No need to carry tank to and fro. He come to ur house and drill and measure :) .

Bro , I was a OHF user for my 5ft arowana tank . Convert to marine . Really really cannot ah . I call aquarium artist to modify , drill and make a sump . No need to carry tank to and fro. He come to ur house and drill and measure :) .

Wow lucky i came to this forum and check things out before i go into marine tank.

Ntw how much did it cost u to mob ur tank?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk