Newbie in the house

cyclonic23

HI guys newbie in the house.

Had started my first saltwater tank 1 mth ago. All the while was keeping freshwater fish like aro, rays, pb and tiger...

Decided to take a try back then for saltwater is due to wanted to learn more and make a fantastic saltwater tank for my baby son viewing purpose as marine tank the colours really will attract kids more.

Less talking and let some pics do the talking...

65bec00d10c35c73ffae6e0b19c5edd8.jpg

f6d86b2376a99df26f7e2b273c390df8.jpgbb432de58d04b7ccb31f90cbebc13ebd.jpgfee4dfa07c2c4936771c3aa969d0faf0.jpgbd43afa2411b8dcb9dd105c7a00095b6.jpgb0a4b7cdd7be46af7c91d92b938a5af0.jpg

Thank you for viewing a beginner tank and hope to provide more pictures amd update in future

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Edited by cyclonic23

Nice tank. Care to share what's ur setup and equipments like?

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Nice tank. Care to share what's ur setup and equipments like?

The equipment I use are very simple budget.

Reeftech nano protein skimmer

956949d1f91d0d582f73e99c24f4a8ab.jpg

Shiruba hang on canister with biohomme plus media inside

5c55b094c82cb196e5aed1a3fa8be52a.jpg

Inside the tank I use 8-9kg live rock

1 and half bag of live sand

Lighting I use t8 dual tube and led.

2 x sun sun jvp-110 wave maker thought of changing to jebao rw-4.

A very nice tank, for a month that's impressive. Can you share the setup details? Do you also maintain a quarantine tank or new fish goes straight into the display tank?

Normally for freshwater I straight dump fish into my main tank without quarantine it as mostly the fish I get from the lfs had already quarantine it for freshwater. But for marine tank I will try to maintain my Discipline by quarantining fishes before putting it into display tank in future as do not want to make everything up side down.

Nice tank! How long does it take for the anemone to host the clown

Actually not long. Should say once I place the anemone in the tank the clown straight first reaction is rape the anemone. Rub non stop till the anemone opens up for half an hour

Lol. Sounds so cute!! I can see that she likes it so much

Yup the clown really like the anemone even my monster hand try to get near to it. The clown attempt to chase my fingers away from the anemone

Is that a maroon clown fish? If so, be careful as it might be aggressive towards new fish in the future.

Yes that's a golden maroon clown. This bugger has stop me from getting other clown like black clown due to its aggressiveness. Might give away or release back to nature in future if wanted to comm other clowns

Haha i had a pair before and they were very aggressive. I realised u have some other clowns in ur tank. Maroon as well?

The others are normal maroon so far see no damage lol

• SRC Member

Very nice tank bro! I can't believe when you said you're a newbie. You have so much great stuff inside already. My tank is still waiting to stabilise before I dare to add anything :chair: