my IM SR-60 Build

emanoids

• SRC Member

My IM SR 60 finally was delivered last night to which I will be migrating my current tank which I am limited to put equipments that are HOB. Though they are doing well for the past 1.5 years, I do not feel safe and have reservation with my current tank as first it for freshwater I think and very thin 6mm thickness my dilemma is one day it will break into pieces as too many things hanging :unsure:.

I did a lot of youtube research and review about the build of this tank and decided to get this one :thumbsup: .

Here are the equipment that i will be using and most of them is from my current set up;

Skimmer - Reef Octopus BH90 HOB I love the performance of this HOB skimmer it produces a lot of "Gunk".

Lighting - Maxspect Razor R420R 16,000K LED + T5 as supplement

Wavemaker - Jebao WP40

2X IM Minimax Reactor - for biopellets and GFO

Chiller- Hailea HS28a

And what I have accomplished in Day1;

- install the hanging bracket for the lighting + install T5 supplement

- clean the tank by using vinegar then dry it using a clean dry towel

- added 40lbs of new live sand (seeded a few cups from my current tank - washed using tanks water)

- past week i did around 40% water change in my current tank and save the water to dump in my new tank and pulled some live rocks as well and run it with pump for a week

- did a test run of all pumps reactors and check a second run if there are any leaks.

And that's how I spend my time off today damn tired but worth it.

post-23474-0-75289800-1437057004.jpg

post-23474-0-13036400-1437057006.jpg

post-23474-0-45310600-1437057008.jpg

• SRC Member

Good choice of equipment. Very interesting setup as it brings back the old memories when i first startup. In fact my first skimmer was Reef octopus BH2000 and maxspect lighting for my 'slumpless' tank.

Nice setup

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Good choice of equipment. Very interesting setup as it brings back the old memories when i first startup. In fact my first skimmer was Reef octopus BH2000 and maxspect lighting for my 'slumpless' tank.

my tank is still sumpless :) but with this tank i can add 2 reactors for biopellets and gfo.

• SRC Member

Update:

Already transferred some of the rocks from during day1 (from a matured tank) to this new tank and I only added like 50% new salt mix for this tank. I put a pump on both tank - one is from new to old tank and the other is from old to new tank and been running this for like 3/4 days. Basically both tanks have the same temp and water parameters they reach the point of equilibrium. Will be moving everything once back. And I was able to organise all wirings and equipments are all set up and running.

post-23474-0-30070600-1437401852.jpg

post-23474-0-83569500-1437401852.jpg

post-0-0-70849400-1437402537_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...