Order to made chiller

Dinosaur

• SRC Member
Dino,

Will they be willing to DIY a CHiller capable of chilling a 1000L Reef using titanium cooling coils and external temp probe??

I dom't see any problem. I suggest you provide them your requirement and get them to quote you a price.

The only disadvantages is that there are no into this trade. so when you approach tem, you have to know exactly what you want, technical aspect it should not be a probelm for them. :D

dino07.gif

• SRC Member
I believe it will be cheaper than flow thru type! Look @ your electricity bill for your refrigerator...it is fairly economy. In any case the CUT THROAT Chiller price tag by LFS warrant a try?

In any case, thanks for the great info,

Pet

I think it will be more expensive than running your fridge..

Try opening the door of your fridge and let it run for a mth.. Then we see how much the electricity bills is..

What about this,

Getting two smaller horsepower chillers, run them side by side, first one to get temp down to 28, then the other down to 27.. Will that be productive?

• SRC Member

I think it will be more expensive than running your fridge..

Try opening the door of your fridge and let it run for a mth.. Then we see how much the electricity bills is..

What about this,

Getting two smaller horsepower chillers, run them side by side, first one to get temp down to 28, then the other down to 27.. Will that be productive?

Wa hahahaha... unless you intend to cool the whole kitchen????.....

Once the water is cooled to the desired temp, the chiller would stop......

and this actually how the Teco RA 2000 works... with a titanium cooling probe....

If one is commercially available, then the DIYed Chiller could be a success.... heheheh...

• SRC Member
Hmm ............ realise that this forum is actually quite open in this aspect. I believe that it is only right that I open this avenue to everyone here and let the market demand determine the price :D

Blk 14 Houhang Ave 7

The workshop is nearer to the LHS of the building (dealing with refrigerator), either the second or third one.

:rolleyes:

I think that one is my Primary School classmate's father's shop...

Will go check it out..

:P

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
I got my friend who work nearby to check it out and it turn out to be an empty search. The owner says that he has no idea of making any these aquarium chiller !!!!

PET :evil:

According to my cousin, the shop speciality is not doing chiller but refrigerator lark! <_<

*faintz*

dino07.gif

• SRC Member

it is not too difficult to do one if you guys are willing to take the plunge!! the fridge guy probably dunno how to do it..but if you can supply him with exact info about what you want, let him do the wiring and wielding..and you'll get a workable cheaper solution!! 1st of all..if u can get a titanium heat exchanger(coil) that can handle 6000 btu load, you've won half the battle!!!else you might want to settle for pvc coated copper coil!! i'm still sourcing for titanium heat exchanger..once i have it, i'll convert a 2nd hand single split system aircon into a chiller!! 6000-9000 btu!!!can cool temp of an 8ft tank down to 20 deg in half an hr! someone might help us here with titanium contacts?