How long to vinegar bath jebao wavemaker

DottyClown

• SRC Member

Need advise. Me jebao rw4 stopped spinning after only 3 months of operation. Thinking to soak in vinegar and clean it, to see if it works again.

So how long should I soak it.

And do I take it apart to soak, or just put the whole "ball" in?

• SRC Member

Ok, so I cleaned the RW4 and sadly it is still not working.  Only 3 months and its dead, that is very lousy quality.

Anyone knows what is the warranty period for Jebao wavemaker?  Problem is I have miss-placed the receipt, sigh.

• SRC Member

The fist time it stopped spinning, I took it apart and just rinse, brush and wipe it clean.  Put it back and it did start to spin again after some hesitation, but not very strong and strength quite unstable.  But less than a week later, it stopped again.  So took it apart again and vinegar soak.  But this time it just won't spin again. Both times I did not see anything loose and made sure did not lose anything.  What does the ceramic bushing look like and where is it located?

• SRC Member

I had a similar situation for RW15. I took it apart for quarterly maintenance and it won't start. I've ensure all components attached and aligned. I just attribute to poor make and quality management. Nevertheless the price vs specification is unbeatable. I pay for what i get. Cheers

Very common

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Supporter

Ok, so I cleaned the RW4 and sadly it is still not working.  Only 3 months and its dead, that is very lousy quality.

Anyone knows what is the warranty period for Jebao wavemaker?  Problem is I have miss-placed the receipt, sigh.

I know some of the shop ony give one month warrenty for china make product. Make you can call the shop where you buy from to check ? Mine RW4 also fail me after 6 month of usage, but like some of you said for the price of it i cant say much .....

• SRC Supporter

A very common issue is losing the bushing after cleaning your pump or motors. The symptom with the missing bushing will be a stalled propeller. 

The Jebao RW4 comes with a silicone bushing (held by the tweezer in the photo) that is placed at the tip of the propeller. It drops out very easily. In fact, i just bought this replacement bushing from AquaMarin today ($2).

35798f63-e1ec-4129-a8fc-a1b26d0213ac.jpg

An alternative is to use a hard air tube.

Do check if yours is a case of the missing bushing.

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

• SRC Member

A very common issue is losing the bushing after cleaning your pump or motors. The symptom with the missing bushing will be a stalled propeller. 

The Jebao RW4 comes with a silicone bushing (held by the tweezer in the photo) that is placed at the tip of the propeller. It drops out very easily. In fact, i just bought this replacement bushing from AquaMarin today ($2).

35798f63-e1ec-4129-a8fc-a1b26d0213ac.jpg

An alternative is to use a hard air tube.

Do check if yours is a case of the missing bushing.

Thanks for the pic bro.

Yes, I still have that piece (bushing).  In the end I brought it back to the shop early this week. Believed to be the motor died. They wanted to check if mine was brought in by them(agent) or through parallel importer, before they replace motor or entire unit. Just got a call from them today, asking me to go collect replacement.  Hope I have better luck with the replacement unit/motor.

My jebao wp25 have been running since the day i started my nano tank in nov 2013. It has been running on w1 s3 since the first day and I usually take it out for cleaning every 2-3 months and oil it with vaseline at the shaft. Still going strong till today, no regrets and bought a jebao RW-8 in Sep 2015 to run both concurrently for my 3.5ft tank.

Tank: 3.5ft x 2ft x 1.5ft, 12mm

Sump: 3ft

Skimmer: Bubble Magus Curve 7

Lightings: Maxspect 15000k

Return Pump: Eheim 1252

Wavemaker: Jebao WP25, Jebao RW-8

• SRC Member

Just for the record.

After I feedback to LFS on the replacement quality. They responded quite promptly and agreed to change the motor again.  Collected the new  motor today. Have to give kudos to the LFS, great service EOA!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Guys mine is also like this.. how much does it cost to change to motor?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Mine was under warranty, so was free motor exchange. Do not know how much it would cost otherwise.

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member
12 hours ago, keasontoh said:

Can we use artificial vinegar for cleaning?

I took mine apart and soaked for only 1-2hrs.  Then brushed off any coralline that was still present.

I removed and did not soak the rubber cushion and bushing. Just to play safe as dunno if these soft rubber parts will be affected by the vinegar.