BioPhos

• SRC Member
Bro,

how much are the biophos? really effective? but beside the phosphate removing properties, are there any other qualities about the product?

Vincent Ho :thanks:

the biophos comes in 2 sizes.....1/2kg is going for $34.00 and the 1kg is at $64.00.....as you know the Rowaphos has been the reputed one in the market for removing phosphates and like any other reefer wanting to try both products out , I decided on the biophos and have no regrets. It's slightly cheaper and I believe equally effective as Rowaphos.... :D

It's basically a phosphate absorber so theres not much other qualities to this product.....hope this helps.... :D

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
about the biophos how long does it have to be replaced?

you should check your phosphate levels before you place the biophos and after for a specific reading for your own reference in the future. Normally I would give these a month or so as there are no proper instructions on the packages. First time trying these out so will know how often to replace these.... ;)

• SRC Member
Another issue is, does biosphos leak anything into the water? anybody else got experience with biophos, pls share leh... :)

Vincent Ho

Get it, use it and u can be the nxt person commenting on it. <_<

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

• SRC Member
Another issue is, does biosphos leak anything into the water? anybody else got experience with biophos, pls share leh... :)

Vincent Ho

to be safe with these absorbers just do a monthly check with test kits and try and change these monthly to be on the safe side..... :D wether it's Biophos or Rowaphos....I don't trust what they write on their instructions..... ;)

• SRC Member
If you're talking about lawnmower blenny, then he...he....are you sure...  mine did a great job on a whole piece of LR covered with byropsis in my main reef system. Doesn't feed on any pellet food in my tank except algae.

Aiyah wat Biophos/ Rowaphos.....I want tat lawnmower blenny of urs more :evil:

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

• SRC Member

lai leh...loan me :lol: And after tat is...cannot catch and its mine :P

post-34-1094181419.jpg

• SRC Member

wah you very good ah.......if you can catch mine then it's yours... :lol:

hhahha..okok. But i m not gonna clear up the mess after tat hor :heh::evil::whistle

post-34-1094181419.jpg

• SRC Member

Breakin my back :blink: ...No way, me gonna come suit up with my mask and snorkel. U providin fish net k, ;)

post-34-1094181419.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Just got this biophos 2 on Sunday. Anyone can advise if I can use it together with rowaphos in tha same tank?

Thanks

JC

I dont see any problem with using both biophos and rowaphos together.........I believe both share the same properties and serve the same purposes.

hi..bro..roidan...according to what you have said , since you have used so many P04 absorber ..can advice which is the best ..highly effective among all.. rowaphos

contraphos

biophos

phosguard

azpo4

i am batteling with a golf course of GREEn cyno algale on my sandbed :angry: ..everyday must stir sand if not..turn into golf course..

• 2 weeks later...
hi..bro..roidan...according to what you have said , since you have used so many P04 absorber ..can advice which is the best ..highly effective among all.. rowaphos

contraphos

biophos

phosguard

azpo4

i am batteling with a golf course of GREEn cyno algale on my sandbed :angry: ..everyday must stir sand if not..turn into golf course..

My personal opinion after testing.

1. Contraphos Koncentrate/Rowaphos.

2. Contraphos (small packs).

3. Phosguard.

Have not tested Biophos or PO4 Minus yet.

AT, :thanks: This is really the kind of information that we need to determine the effectiveness and efficiency of phos remover! And not purely by personal observation which can be biased (not intentional) and very dependant on the tank condition etc..

So back to the result, the 3 key removers that are locally available are :

How fast they absorb (by letting the phos solution to go through the absorber twice):

Contraphos/Rowaphos 49,90 € 1000 ml 0.046 mg 0.954 mg

ElimiPhos Tropic marine 18,00 € 2 x 100 gram 0.069 mg 0.931 mg

BioPhos II Korallenzucht 29,00 € 1000 ml 0.34 mg 0.66 mg

How much they absorb (by putting the absorber in the phos solution for 2hrs):

Contraphos/Rowaphos 6 mg/L 0,25 mg/L 5,75 mg/L

ElimiPhos Tropic marine 6 mg/L 0,25 mg/L 5,75 mg/L

BioPhos II Korallenzucht 6 mg/L 0,86 mg/L 5,14 mg/L

So looking at it, we can conclude that:

1. Contraphos/Rowaphos/ElimiPhos has faster absorption ability,

~1.5x faster than Biophos.

2. Contraphos/Rowaphos/ElimiPhos has better overall absorption

ability. ~1.1x better than Biophos.

So what does it say? Contraphos/Rowaphos/ElimiPhos are better and faster absorber than BioPhos? Did i miss out something or mis-interpret the data?

However, from a cost standpoint, by aligning them all in term 1000ml,

Contraphos 49,90 €

Rowaphos (not sure of price)

ElimiPhos Tropic marine 90,00€

BioPhos II Korallenzucht 29,00 €

And if i am not too hang up with the speed of absorption (1.5x delta), then it seem like given the same $$ (assuming 49,00€), the ranking will be (using Biophos absorption ability as the reference)

BioPhos - equivalent to 1720ml (=49,90/29,00*1000ml)

Contraphos - equivalent to 1100ml (=1000ml*1.1)

Rowaphos - ??? (not sure of price)

ElimiPhos - equivalent to 610ml (=49,90/90,00*1.1*1000ml)

Am i biase? :huh: Did i miss out anything? :fear:

Oh ya, must make the assumption that they are all not going to leak back when fully absorbed too..

Hi Chanbi,

Was wondering how did you derive at 90 Euro for Elimiphos? I thought it is stated that 18 euro on the site?

I have just changed to Elimiphos due to Rowa being out of stock and am interested to find out more of Elimiphos.

Thanks,

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

Was wondering how did you derive at 90 Euro for Elimiphos? I thought it is stated that 18 euro on the site?

I am assuming that 1000ml=1kg and for the Elimiphos at 18,00 €, it is only 200g so i multiply by 5 to get 90,00 €? Not too sure as well..