My little new 3 footer...

RAV-65

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

v.v. nice monti!!

BTW, bro i noticed u seem to have the same algae problem as me.. any remedies so far? i started an FR with carbon and phosphate media but yet to see any results

Bro,

The reason why my algae growing like weeds:

Why : The timer did not cut in and out, when it ran 24/7 for a couple of days and my family members didn't dare to touch my tank, they thought I set it that way.... :ph34r:

When : I went for reservist.

What : The good thing is that some of my SPS really coloured up!

For now, I letting my algae Blenny and a solitary tang handle the algae, wanted to add in more tangs, but the resident Whitecheek is too aggressive, whacking the daylights out of any tangs that enter my tank... :(

Po4 and no3 is undetectable, I got no diatoms/cyano... so I guess not so bad, just need time for the tang to finish eating the algae, coz the fella dun eat the pellets/MS/BS that I feed and yet everyday it poos like as if it's having diarrohea... :P

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

*cough* u know what to do liao hor........ frag......... :evil:

Okie bro.... :)

since I still owe you a frag, will pass a frag to you when it grows out, now still a baby frag, about only 1x1 inch, so hard to frag now... give it some time k? will definitely reserve a frag for you... :D

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Bro,

The reason why my algae growing like weeds:

Why : The timer did not cut in and out, when it ran 24/7 for a couple of days and my family members didn't dare to touch my tank, they thought I set it that way.... :ph34r:

When : I went for reservist.

What : The good thing is that some of my SPS really coloured up!

For now, I letting my algae Blenny and a solitary tang handle the algae, wanted to add in more tangs, but the resident Whitecheek is too aggressive, whacking the daylights out of any tangs that enter my tank... :(

Po4 and no3 is undetectable, I got no diatoms/cyano... so I guess not so bad, just need time for the tang to finish eating the algae, coz the fella dun eat the pellets/MS/BS that I feed and yet everyday it poos like as if it's having diarrohea... :P

ah.. no wonder.. haha

• SRC Member

how bout ur tank? the algae very jialat ah?? :(

clumps here, there, everywhere... already took the affected rocks out for scrub, but after a week or two slowly they algae grows back...

but i only installed the FR (well actually canister modded to an FR) a few days back.. so waiting for results if any..

I only have an algae blenny which never touches the algae, hermits which ignore it totally, and snails which chow down only on algae growing on the glass...

So the only natural predator the algae has is my toothbrush right now... shucks

clumps here, there, everywhere... already took the affected rocks out for scrub, but after a week or two slowly they algae grows back...

but i only installed the FR (well actually canister modded to an FR) a few days back.. so waiting for results if any..

I only have an algae blenny which never touches the algae, hermits which ignore it totally, and snails which chow down only on algae growing on the glass...

So the only natural predator the algae has is my toothbrush right now... shucks

Bro,

I tink dun scrub, unless u scrub with saltwater.... if u scrub with fresh water, only enocourages die-offs....

Wat I do is that I pluck manually with the rock inside the tank... :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

bro, share ur rics with me leh. . :lol:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.