IM 10G Rookie

riotriot

• SRC Member

Hi guys, decided to start a new thread to exchange tips with all the experienced reefers out there.

I will be posting random videos and photos when I'm free.

Tank Setup

IM 10G

IM ghost skimmer

IM custom cady with filter floss/biohome marine/Chemipure blue nano

AL-60 chiller

Smart ATO

Jebao RW-4

AI Prime HD

https://vimeo.com/196955780

Not very good with names of corals so please help me out there.

• SRC Member
7 minutes ago, Ashtrax said:
Yolo we got the same tank.
May i know what how you tune your skimmer?
How does your Smart ATO works?

Hey! Yeah it's my first tank! For the skimmer, I just open up the air intake screw to the fullest. For the collection cup I just put the rubber band 2cm from the bottom. I'm not sure if it's the best setting but I guess it works for me.

Smart ATO works great! Just put the sensor at the last chamber and the pump to your top off water. When water is lower than the sensor, it will auto top off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member
4 hours ago, riotriot said:

Hey! Yeah it's my first tank! For the skimmer, I just open up the air intake screw to the fullest. For the collection cup I just put the rubber band 2cm from the bottom. I'm not sure if it's the best setting but I guess it works for me.

Smart ATO works great! Just put the sensor at the last chamber and the pump to your top off water. When water is lower than the sensor, it will auto top off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the ATO system brand named smart ATO? Haha

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

• SRC Member
18 minutes ago, kenyee said:

Nice tank :) 

The RW4 look big in ur tank yea..the flow shd b overkill..whats ur mode set?..heez

Btw, how big is ur ATO tank n how frequent u need to top up? Thks bro..

Yeah wish I could get a smaller wave maker but the RW-4 cheap and good. I sliced off the propeller to half the size so it wouldn't blow off my sand now. It's on the 2nd speed setting.

I'm just using a 5L plastic bottle as a ATO tank. I can't remember but I think I just top up once or twice a 1.5L bottle every week or every 2 weeks. Whenever I see the ATO empty I just top up haha, I'm not so organized.

Nice nano setup.

• Like 1

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member
23 hours ago, riotriot said:

Yeah wish I could get a smaller wave maker but the RW-4 cheap and good. I sliced off the propeller to half the size so it wouldn't blow off my sand now. It's on the 2nd speed setting.

I'm just using a 5L plastic bottle as a ATO tank. I can't remember but I think I just top up once or twice a 1.5L bottle every week or every 2 weeks. Whenever I see the ATO empty I just top up haha, I'm not so organized.

That great info cutting the propeller to minimize the flow. How do you come out with that idea?

I'm also looking for a chiller, how the performance?

As for your skimmer how long does it take for it to start skimming?

• SRC Member
15 hours ago, Ashtrax said:

That great info cutting the propeller to minimize the flow. How do you come out with that idea?

I'm also looking for a chiller, how the performance?

As for your skimmer how long does it take for it to start skimming?

I read it on some forum about cutting the propeller. Some people change the power adapter to reduce power.

The chiller works well and maintains within 2'C of the tank. Only thing is a few times when I do water change, the chiller pump gets stuck.  I think because its dirty inside or the hose, I have to clean it soon!

The skimmer only produces skimate only if there is feeding. When I bought it, it starting skimming right away, but it wasn't the right setting I guess.

• SRC Member
6 minutes ago, riotriot said:

The only tough thing is there are no marine shops in the west (Jurong), I'm talking about fishes and coral. Use to have Marine Life but now I think have to go to Pasir Ris farmway to look at more selections. :cry2:

Hi Riotriot, i too feel the same. There is no marine shops in west area. I tried Seaview for live stocks in Bukit merah and FreshnMarine for all others. This is the nearest shops we can consider..

• SRC Member
3 hours ago, Jairus said:

Bro, how's the al prime? Is it vv powerful for ur nano tank? The Colours seem to pop

It's great! I love the quality of the light and app to control the schedule! It's my first week using so I'm still trying out. Most of the colors on 50%, greens & reds on 15% for 4 hours during the day time. Night time i just use a 25% royal blue. It's really the best equipment of the whole tank! Corals are reacting well to the light.

• SRC Member
Just now, riotriot said:

It's great! I love the quality of the light and app to control the schedule! It's my first week using so I'm still trying out. Most of the colors on 50%, greens & reds on 15% for 4 hours during the day time. Night time i just use a 25% royal blue. It's really the best equipment of the whole tank! Corals are reacting well to the light.

thanks for sharing! i personally like the small profile of the light too. but your lights only on for 4 hours a day (excluding night time)?

• SRC Member
2 minutes ago, Jairus said:

thanks for sharing! i personally like the small profile of the light too. but your lights only on for 4 hours a day (excluding night time)?

Yes plus sunrise & sunset timing are set on 2 hours to ramp up and down. Yes by 7pm it's only the royal blue sort of moonlight conditions, the corals still open up actually.