My 2 1/2 Tank

nicholasloh

• SRC Member

thx. :D

Heres a picture dedicated to zero oxygen...

Its the bi-color angel that i was talking about. It didn't eat my brine shrimp and fish food but instead it ate the excessive algae around the other corals(which is a good thing).

But can it survive onlt on the algae?

And why does it keep hiding in the cave?

Help pls!!!

post-34-1081154807.jpg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thx. :D

Heres a picture dedicated to zero oxygen...

Its the bi-color angel that i was talking about. It didn't eat my brine shrimp and fish food but instead it ate the excessive algae around the other corals(which is a good thing).

But can it survive onlt on the algae?

And why does it keep hiding in the cave?

Help pls!!!

i do hope that you know that bi- color angel are rather delicate fish..... In fact one should not purchase them unless you know that they are already eating in the lfs... no it will not survive just by eating algae alone..... BTW its is not really reef safe either

• SRC Member

:cry: just to let you guys know, my strawberry was suffering from injuries sustained from that stupid humbug and has thus went to a far far away place that is both beautiful and wonderful.

Heres one picture in tribute to my favourite fish... ... ... :cry2:

post-34-1081155996.jpg

• SRC Member
grouper or froggie??

wont they eat my other fishes too?

:lol: Thats the whole idea, help you lower your bioload.

I have only 2small 1.5" fish and 3shrimps in my 2x1x1 tank.

Suggest you stop buying the cleaner wrasse, it has a poor survival record, this fish IMO is best left in the wild.

• SRC Member
The main problem usually occurs because the fishes( angels and tangs) dont eat or that the fishes get injured by the stupid humbug.

Speaking of which, my cleaner wrasse had stopped picking stuff off the fishes.

Humbug? what's this?

What are u feeding ur fishes?

• SRC Member

if ur cleaner wrasses is stopping feeding off fishes, then you need to be more attentive...... most likely to die off real soon.....

they are always reason fishy dont eat mah

cause be the water parameter

stress from other fishes etc

your tank abit small for so many fishes

might cause lots of stress to them

therefore not eating then die

• SRC Member

It's not a matter of whether the fish dies from not eating or being bugged by your humbug or whatever. The fact of the matter is you're not being very responsible when it comes to stocking your tank....i've been keeping track of your threads and have you ANY idea how many fishes you have killed in the last 2 months?? And yet you still continue to buy fishes!!

What you really should be doing is stop buying any more lifestock period!!! (Sorry if it came off as yelling...just trying to make a point) Take the time to observe how the other lifestock are doing and ensure that they are all doing well before you EVEN CONSIDER buying other fishes...and before doing that....find out more about that particular fishes care level before you buy it. That way you won't end up buying fishes that are definately going to die in your tank.

The fact that you're buying all these fishes like the Cleaner Wrasse, Mandarins (3 of them??? ) and Tangs to put in your tank...please understand that as nice as these fishes may be....your tank CAN NOT support them....it takes a lot more to care for them than just to CHUCK them in your tank and hope that they eat...and then when they die you blame it on the fact that they don't eat....even consider the fact that the reason some of them are not eating is coz they're stressed...and the reason for the stress probably from the amount of other livestock in your tank...

I'm not saying that that's the reason why the fishes are dying...there could be numerous reasons but the fact remains that you need to stop stocking!

Yet again...i can be faulted for not being tackful with my writing and may be coming off a little harsh but after reading your post for the past month or so.....it is really disturbing....in fact very disturbing to see what you've been doing with your tank and with this whole hobby.....if i'm not mistaken...you've already killed about 10 or more fishes in the last 2 months and you still continue to stock your tank with insane amounts of fishes, telling everyone that your tank is doing fine with the high amount of livestock......

if not for the MORALE of actually killing living beings....have some courtesy to save your dad's pocket.

If i'm not mistaken, this site was started up to promote responsible reefkeeping and to ensure that ppl can learn from the mistakes of others and also to conserve the marine habitat as it is probably being dangerously close to extinction...we start marine tanks to preserve a part of nature in our own homes and also learn to appreciate LIFE in the sea.....

I really shouldn't be getting so upset over what you're doing with your tank if i were to go with the mentality that it's your life and your money and you can do whatever you want with it.....but it's difficult to stand by and watch you kill all these beautiful fishes and add to their rate of extinction......

think carefully before you have the urge to go out again and buy more fishes......for the love of god...and fishes....resist the urge and learn more first.....

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member

now that i've re read my reply...yes it does sound pretty harsh...

sorry...was a little heated when i was writing the reply....

but i do hope you would consider taking our advice tho Nicholas.....it's not too late to learn....

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

I will have to adopt the same tone with you, Nicholas. :(

You're not taking a hold of yourself. Please... control yourself.

Your tank doesn't look at all stable and your constant rate of fish replenishment is a clear sign that something is wrong somewhere... and stop blaming it on your humbug damsel.

You should stop now, take a break... READ UP on BASIC reefkeeping first. You don't even know what is a metal halide! :shock:

You buy livestock and you don't even know what they need.

Eg. Your seapen needs a deep sandbed to root itself in. A scattering of sand is also not going to provide enough food for your goldenhead/bluecheeked gobies.

What brand of test kits are you using... and how often do you test your water parameters since you're stocking up so quickly within this short time. Your ammonia, nitrite levels may spike up and down, causing stress to your tank inhabitants.

Can you try holding off buying any more fishes until your tank stabilizes?

A reef tank should be a STABLE environment, providing conditions where its not just survivable for the inhabitants but GOOD.

Do read up more and lock up your wallet (or your dad's).

If you want to be respected as a reefkeeper, be responsible enough to accept good advice from your fellow hobbyists here in SRC.

My 2 cents,

AT

• SRC Member

now that i have flushed out my anger through my urine, i shall get back.

so, southpaw you cant really blame me for screaming at u the last time.

Note here, the 'mandrians' are actually scooter blennies i think. but they look like the mandrains body so i call it that lah. i just realised that they had caused some discomfort for you southpaw.

"Eg. Your seapen needs a deep sandbed to root itself in. A scattering of sand is also not going to provide enough food for your goldenhead/bluecheeked gobies"

Yes, the internet says that the gobies need lots of sand, but they can live without. plus now they are familiar with that sand pit, so they usually hang out there.

Sorry to sound like a pain-in -the-###### but if the crowding is the cause of stress that stops the fishes from eating, then why did my 'easily stressed and food picky' anthias eat?

I know about the care levels, that liveaquaria lists angels as moderate and cleaners as expert, but the anthias are also moderate wat? and my yellow wrasse is expert?

that doesnt really prove much.

sorry, maybe i have a different mindset; i will pursue something until i suceed. Sorry...

Sorry to add this but if you guys think that by keeping those fishes you are trying to 'preserve or keep a part of the ocean', i think you are all wrong. if you truely want a fish to be happy, it should be left in the ocean.

I'm sure you won't be happy that someone kidnapped you and sell you to a observation area in uranus for ppl to see.

Sorry, i didn't mean to be hash...